16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
conocoloco
September 8, 2018, 8:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +30
Quoted from geir
After saving us from certain relegation last season, he can do whatever he wants this season, except taking us down.

The game today was terrible, but I do think things will improve slowly, but steadily. Give him and the team the time to get things right. Have a little patience, folks. At this time the team and the manager need all of our support more than ever.

My thoughts exactly!

Disappointing start but I want Jolley to have the full season.

Where would we go if we sacked him...back to the usual merry-go-round of dinosaurs? It's the hope that kills you but it's the hope that keeps you going. In Jolley, we have someone with the potential to build something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 150
forza ivano
September 8, 2018, 8:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 150
Yoda
September 8, 2018, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,929
Gold Stars: 62
i don’t think the players are playing for MJ
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 150
MuddyWaters
September 8, 2018, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from conocoloco

My thoughts exactly!

Disappointing start but I want Jolley to have the full season.

Where would we go if we sacked him...back to the usual merry-go-round of dinosaurs? It's the hope that kills you but it's the hope that keeps you going. In Jolley, we have someone with the potential to build something.

I agree to a large extent but didn't expect to see a shitshow of that magnitude today. Hoping that's a blip.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 150
H19P1
September 8, 2018, 9:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
As long as it takes, he was the majority choice let's not forget that.

Let's support the gaffer through the bad times and good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 150
AndyDarloFC
September 9, 2018, 12:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Yoda
How many more games do you give Jolley to turn it around. Playing players out of position poor signings cannot change a game.
For me 2 more games the players are not playing for him.

How many games have you played this season? Not an awful lot, you can’t keep sacking managers when you don’t win a few games.

Since Hurst left, under 2 years ago - You are on your 3rd manager ffs. Can you really afford to get rid of yet another manager and bring in another who’ll want a decent budget to bring in his own players, whilst paying other players he’s not going to play.

Give him time, it’ll come good for you.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 150
grimsby pete
September 9, 2018, 12:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from forza ivano

180 !!!!!!!!!!!!  

I don't think anybody wants him to get the sack really,

We keep chopping and changing not for every match but during games as well.

This has to stop , I know we have had injuries and suspensions ,

BUT

When Jolley can get a settled side playing in a regular formation and maybe reverting to plan B when needed,

We will be OK then lets see what the next transfer window brings/

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 150
Cloudy
September 9, 2018, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Jolley has 100% support from me. Chopping and changing is NOT the way to go.
He is a rookie manager learning his trade, we knew that. Like everyone he makes mistakes and will continue to do so, but if we believe in letting a manager build and develop then let him get on with it with the support firmly behind him.

I understand the anger yesterday, I managed to see it out to the end,but some of the abuse from the kick off wasn’t called for or helpful. One guy was shouting to Woolford that he is a c@£t before kick off and then Davis and Whitmore got both barrels within 5 minutes.
We do need to be patient and supportive. Back when BP was hostile all the bile was aimed at opponents, it was incessant, now it seems to be our own players who get it whenever a misplaced pass is made or a challenged lost.
IF we could turn this anger on to opponents we might just start to make BP a feared place to visit again
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 150
lew chaterleys lover
September 9, 2018, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Cloudy
Jolley has 100% support from me. Chopping and changing is NOT the way to go.
He is a rookie manager learning his trade, we knew that. Like everyone he makes mistakes and will continue to do so, but if we believe in letting a manager build and develop then let him get on with it with the support firmly behind him.

I understand the anger yesterday, I managed to see it out to the end,but some of the abuse from the kick off wasn’t called for or helpful. One guy was shouting to Woolford that he is a c@£t before kick off and then Davis and Whitmore got both barrels within 5 minutes.
We do need to be patient and supportive. Back when BP was hostile all the bile was aimed at opponents, it was incessant, now it seems to be our own players who get it whenever a misplaced pass is made or a challenged lost.
IF we could turn this anger on to opponents we might just start to make BP a feared place to visit again

I feel for the players but they are on the sharp end of tempers frayed by 17 years of dross, with no end in sight yet. Nearly 900 at Bury when the match was being shown on the telly for the price of a couple of drinks is incredible support. Imagine how loud they would be had they something to cheer.  
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 150
arryarryarry
September 9, 2018, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

How many games have you played this season? Not an awful lot, you can’t keep sacking managers when you don’t win a few games.

Since Hurst left, under 2 years ago - You are on your 3rd manager ffs. Can you really afford to get rid of yet another manager and bring in another who’ll want a decent budget to bring in his own players, whilst paying other players he’s not going to play.

Give him time, it’ll come good for you.

Whilst not many are asking for him to be sacked, many had the same view as you when Slade was in charge and going back to Neil Woods and we know where that ended up.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 150
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many games do you give Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.