3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
September 8, 2018, 6:41am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Apparently clubs receive 0% of any subscriptions to ifollow live match watch. That's done it for me and I'll never pay to watch town on it a such as I want to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
WokingMariner
September 8, 2018, 8:12am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Why would the clubs agree to it if that is the case? They must get something from it.

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 25
Kristine
September 8, 2018, 8:26am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Accrington get 0% as they haven't signed up to iFollow.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Garth
September 8, 2018, 8:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from lukeo
Apparently clubs receive 0% of any subscriptions to ifollow live match watch. That's done it for me and I'll never pay to watch town on it a such as I want to.

Hard to believe, no one does anything for nothing today and that includes GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
Cod Cheeks
September 8, 2018, 9:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Maybe there is an indirect financial benefit ?

For shirt sponsors, advertising boards, etc.

Making Dave Smiths job a little easier
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
fishboyUTM
September 8, 2018, 9:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Kristine

I wonder if Lukeo has read Andy H's (the Accrington owner / chairman) comments regarding IFollow. He said Accy don't receive anything but they haven't signed up for IFollow, one of a handful of clubs that haven't. If their opposition have though, as is likely then Accy fans all over the world would be able to watch their side (I'm sure there's tens of thousands lol). They'd just have to sign up for the oppositions website every game.

I'd recommend to anyone with Twitter to follow Andy, he comes out with a lot of good stuff, seems principled and down to earth and gives good insight into how to run a club and interact with supporters. Perhaps getyourfactsright should follow him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
Abdul19
September 8, 2018, 9:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Kristine

So as GTFC have, the OP is wrong?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
grimsby pete
September 8, 2018, 10:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
The home team gets the biggest percentage,

Then the away team and the EFL share the rest,

Not sure of the actual percent but I did read this somewhere.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
Son of Cod
September 8, 2018, 10:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Did anyone here watch the MK Dons match on iFollow? Did we have commentary on our stream or was it just the footage with crowd noise? Can't get to Bury today so will pay a tenner if it means I can watch it with commentary but I already subscribe to the regular monthly iFollow to get the radio coverage of matches I can't make. Would be really annoying if I pay a tenner and have to choose between audio or video. Would rather save a tenner and listen in that case. The wording on the post about it on the OS is...surprise surprise...a little ambiguous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
SteffiMariner
September 8, 2018, 10:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Son of Cod
Did anyone here watch the MK Dons match on iFollow? Did we have commentary on our stream or was it just the footage with crowd noise? Can't get to Bury today so will pay a tenner if it means I can watch it with commentary but I already subscribe to the regular monthly iFollow to get the radio coverage of matches I can't make. Would be really annoying if I pay a tenner and have to choose between audio or video. Would rather save a tenner and listen in that case. The wording on the post about it on the OS is...surprise surprise...a little ambiguous.

It's TV footage with radio commentary if that makes sense!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
Son of Cod
September 8, 2018, 11:02am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from SteffiMariner

It's TV footage with radio commentary if that makes sense!

Yep that makes sense, cheers! And that's definite? You're not just going off the wording in the post on the website?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
jonnyboy82
September 8, 2018, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
To believe town will get nothing from ifollow is rubbish.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
SteffiMariner
September 8, 2018, 11:12am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yep that makes sense, cheers! And that's definite? You're not just going off the wording in the post on the website?

Nope, I watched the MK Dons game, had the footage and Tondeur and his mate commentating. Worked surprisingly well to be honest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
GrimRob
September 8, 2018, 11:18am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
If the home team gets most of the money then this should be hugely beneficial to us as hardly anyone brings many supporters to BP and leave thousands of fans at home wondering what is happening! For geographical, transport and perception reasons Grimsby is not an attractive destination for many away fans. Getting people who won't/can't corporeally attend to pay for televised coverage should benefit us more than it does clubs in more populous/central areas.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 25
Son of Cod
September 8, 2018, 11:40am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Nope, I watched the MK Dons game, had the footage and Tondeur and his mate commentating. Worked surprisingly well to be honest.

Excellent, thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
grimsbybrown
September 8, 2018, 11:55am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimRob
If the home team gets most of the money then this should be hugely beneficial to us as hardly anyone brings many supporters to BP and leave thousands of fans at home wondering what is happening! For geographical, transport and perception reasons Grimsby is not an attractive destination for many away fans. Getting people who won't/can't corporeally attend to pay for televised coverage should benefit us more than it does clubs in more populous/central areas.

Though, I'd also argue, our disproportionately large away following is because we have so many exiles.  So, I'd expect us to have a similarly disproportionately large viewing audience log in through the GTFC ifollow site, meaning we'd be better off keeping the revenue that flows via our own website.

Whichever way, I'm really interested to know how the flow of money is distributed through this arrangement, potentially it could affect when and how I choose to watch.  There must be some information out there? At least these kind of details tend to slip out over time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Gaffer58
September 8, 2018, 4:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
At least if anyone has paid only £10 today they can just switch of the telly, those poor souls at the ground have a 2 hour home journey still.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Kristine
September 8, 2018, 9:57pm
Mariners Trust
40/30/30 split - In very very basic theory it'd be more beneficial financially to Town for an individual to pay and stream then to buy a ticket for an away game, its a no brainier if somebody paid on the day.  A worrying precedent if anybody was to ask me.

Quoted from grimsby pete
The home team gets the biggest percentage,

Then the away team and the EFL share the rest,

Not sure of the actual percent but I did read this somewhere.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
pen penfras
September 9, 2018, 9:23am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Why do people speculate and talk like it's fact? 40/30/30 is complete nonsense.

GTFC get 80% of funds purchased through the GTFC ifollow page. Next season, they're talking about changing the model, but it's available on the internet with a quick search.

"These first draft proposals have been developed on the basis that each club retains the majority of its own income from Domestic Streaming (80%)"

[url]https://www.efl.com/news/2018/june/efl-clubs-discuss-potential-new-distribution-model-from-201920-onwards/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
psgmariner
September 9, 2018, 9:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The stream and commentary worked perfectly. Excellent service I thought.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
Kristine
September 9, 2018, 12:02pm
Mariners Trust
I don't speculate - reread what you've linked.  That is a draft proposal with a view to changing the split of the streaming fee from 19/20 and is yet to be voted on as far as I understand it.  

Quoted from pen penfras
Why do people speculate and talk like it's fact? 40/30/30 is complete nonsense.

GTFC get 80% of funds purchased through the GTFC ifollow page. Next season, they're talking about changing the model, but it's available on the internet with a quick search.

"These first draft proposals have been developed on the basis that each club retains the majority of its own income from Domestic Streaming (80%)"

[url]https://www.efl.com/news/2018/june/efl-clubs-discuss-potential-new-distribution-model-from-201920-onwards/[/url]

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
pen penfras
September 9, 2018, 12:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Kristine
I don't speculate - reread what you've linked.  That is a draft proposal with a view to changing the split of the streaming fee from 19/20 and is yet to be voted on as far as I understand it.  

And you've got any link to prove this? The redistribution is about the percentage of the lump sum. Re-read as per your advice.

Some more links stating this:
"ccording to an ex IFollow employee, clubs take 80% of whatever subscribers to the service pay - those living abroad pay a fiver for one game or £110 for a season pass/UK residents pay a tenner for midweek matches and so on.

Secondly, that 80% goes to the club that one follows and not to the club that's playing at home. For example, if Carlisle are at Yeovil and they sell say 800 match passes to their fans (UK/worldwide), those 80% of whatever the total is goes to Carlisle and not to Yeovil."
[url]https://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/tuesday-night-games-on-ifollow-brilliant-or-short-sighted.20429/[/url]

"The club* gets 80% and the EFL get the rest.

*Whose iFollow the match is bought through, so for Accrington v Burton this weekend any that watch have to buy it through Burton as Accrington don't have iFollow. So where Burton fans could be paying £20 to Accrington on Saturday, they'll now be paying Burton £8 and the EFL £2 if they choose to stream it instead."

[url]http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/live-ifollow-games-at-3pm-on-saturdays.271727/[/url]

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Kristine
September 9, 2018, 1:12pm
Mariners Trust
They are links to other forums no different to here - one post also mentions the 40/30/30.  

I'm not putting emails on here haha!  If you've got a link to something other than another fans online forum to suggest that somebody purchasing a pass yesterday gave 80% of their income to the club they support then I will be corrected.  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Northbank Mariner
September 25, 2018, 4:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Now I'm really pee'd off......here we are as fans pulling our hair out with despair and dismay at our horrific start to the,season and what do GTFC put up in ifollow....2 players t!tting about interviewing each other and generally looking like they don't give 2 farts about our predicament...
How about the actually interview our club captain who may give an honest opinion on what's happening and where it's all gone wrong..or even a video of Jolley ripping the boys a new one and kicking their @rses in training.....steam coming out my lugs right now!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
MuddyWaters
September 25, 2018, 4:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Now I'm really pee'd off......here we are as fans pulling our hair out with despair and dismay at our horrific start to the,season and what do GTFC put up in ifollow....2 players t!tting about interviewing each other and generally looking like they don't give 2 farts about our predicament...
How about the actually interview our club captain who may give an honest opinion on what's happening and where it's all gone wrong..or even a video of Jolley ripping the boys a new one and kicking their @rses in training.....steam coming out my lugs right now!!

I thought we did our PR on the pitch?
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Les Brechin
September 25, 2018, 4:18pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Yeah, not really the best video to put out at the minute.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ifollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.