2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Tommy
September 7, 2018, 10:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Don't think you can compare Kane with Messi and Ronaldo because they're different types of player. You could probably make a fairer comparison between Kane and the Ronaldo of today (at his age) who has adapted and just plays as a no.9 now, just like Kane. But not the Ronaldo in his prime.

I'd love to see Kane progress now by making an impact and scoring goals in Champions League latter rounds, and for England against the stronger nations.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
KingstonMariner
September 7, 2018, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Clearly he's not over-rated. I'd put him in the Lineker category. Always there when you need him. Imagine what his scoring record for England would be if we had a modern day Beardsley.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
somersetmariner
September 8, 2018, 3:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Wearing Golden Boots is a vile showing of show boating. disgusting reflection of the arrogant 'haves' in this world.

I really don't understand how the populous can be sucked in by this vile arrogance.

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Townee82
September 8, 2018, 7:30am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Posh Harry said messi ronaldo probably greatest players in history of the game my choice would be though I hate to say it would be maradona of 1986 , who do others rate as the greatest ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
LH
September 8, 2018, 7:39am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from somersetmariner
Wearing Golden Boots is a vile showing of show boating. disgusting reflection of the arrogant 'haves' in this world.

I really don't understand how the populous can be sucked in by this vile arrogance.

Nike send him boots to wear and pay him a fortune for the privelege. If I was getting that sort of money for wearing them for two hours of my life I’d wear amber and black or claret and blue boots and not be too arsed about it.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
fleabag1970
September 8, 2018, 8:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
To call Harry Kane Vile just about sums up the victim mentality that rings out of certain sections of society that believe we should all be paid the same .he is one of the true Engish shining lights in an era where young footballers are under so much pressure to deliver every single game . England need a talismanand Harry has all the self confidence and mild arrogance to carrry that role off . The English media love to sway opinions on people who are doing well and Kane has had his fair share of their VILE treatment .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Maringer
September 8, 2018, 8:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
When I were a lad, if somebody had worn gold boots, we'd have pointed, laughed and then taken him out at knee high in the first tackle. In some ways, the seventies were a kinder, more simple place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
fishboyUTM
September 8, 2018, 9:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
I know it's wrong but I'm still angry with Harry Kane, I know he gave his all and top strikers rarely do the unselfish thing in front of goal, BUT if he'd just squared THAT chance to Sterling, it would have been 2-0 in the semi final and I don't think we'd have blown that lead. So frustrating, but he was always after that golden boot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Maringer
September 8, 2018, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Have you seen Sterling's strike rate for England? What makes you think he'd have managed to score from a yard out?!?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
fishboyUTM
September 8, 2018, 9:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Maringer
Have you seen Sterling's strike rate for England? What makes you think he'd have managed to score from a yard out?!?  

Ha, I'd have fancied your chances from there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Kane

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.