Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Live Games on i follow
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 285 Guests

How many games will you watch on i follow
All of them home and away (11 votes)
14.67%
Only away games that I can not get to (16 votes)
21.33%
None of them (23 votes)
30.67%
All away games (2 votes)
2.67%
This will stop me going to home games (0 votes)
0%
I will pick and choose because I still want to attend games myself (19 votes)
25.33%
Any other reason please state. (4 votes)
5.33%
75 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Live Games on i follow

This thread currently has 2,926 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 7, 2018, 10:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
If live games on I follow was shown for all our games home and away how would this effect you attending games.

You can choose more than one and please state any other reason.

Personally I do not believe its a good thing but I will watch as many as I can as I am unable to get to many games.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
September 7, 2018, 10:42am
Guest User
I voted all of them as due to mobility and other medical problems I cannot get to BP from Barton.
Reply: 1 - 23
promotion plaice
September 7, 2018, 10:52am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

No home games, season ticket holder.

Most away games unless we go on a bad losing run.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
conocoloco
September 7, 2018, 10:55am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +30
Sorry if I've missed something but I thought the game was only on this weekend as the embargo doesn't cover International weekends?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
Bigdog
September 7, 2018, 11:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/1037975098769252352

Voted all of them as I live abroad, but it looks like there's going to be further erosion of the game we all know and love. I wouldn't watch it if I was at home, I'd go to the games. Already far too much football on TV and this weekend's 3-00pm kick off airing has certainly more to it than a bonus game because England are on duty. EFL clubs need away fan income rather than the quid or two commission they will get from i-Follow. As JF has stated previously, GTFC aren't bothered about how many fans we take away because the club itself don't earn any money from them. Can see him voting for EFL clubs being able to show away games in the UK some time soon. There's no big push from the club to get fans fired up and travel to away games even though the team benefits from the support. As a nation of couch potatoes, we all can see where this is heading over the next few years. Surely it's healthier and more sociable to get off our asses and go to away games. Helps with avoidance of police and stewarding costs, blah blah, blah.you can see these arguments being put forward in the not too distant future. Going to an away game is part of the English fabric of society. It's a tradition and doesn't deserve to be messed with. All for concessions to be made for the infirm and the elderly who are physically unable to go to matches though..

Instead of thinking about you as a diehard who posts on here and goes to most games feels about this subject and what you would do, think about the effect on the floating fan or the i-Pad generation of youngsters who already live a great part of their lives online. It will surely affect attracting those fans going to games, buying shirts, pies and pints in the future. Another prospective silent hand could be gripping the throats of EFL clubs in the future. 3pm on a Saturday when there's no Championship or Premier League games.. just the time to tempt more fans to go to lower league games not tempt them to stay at home and watch games on the sofa until the next Premier League or Champions League games are on..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
promotion plaice
September 7, 2018, 11:10am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from conocoloco
Sorry if I've missed something but I thought the game was only on this weekend as the embargo doesn't cover International weekends?

Pete's just asking the hypothetical question if all our games were to be shown live on iFollow I think  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
drbell
September 7, 2018, 11:15am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Every game Im free for as Im 250 miles away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
conocoloco
September 7, 2018, 11:27am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +30
Quoted from promotion plaice

Pete's just asking the hypothetical question if all our games were to be shown live on iFollow I think  

Sure! In a hypothetical case, probably about 25% of our away games then.

But I have do have confidence in the embargo which I don't believe has been broken since the 1960's. So currently there'll be around five or six games per season which will be streamed in the UK (evenings & International weekends).

We are known for our strong exile support and if it tempts our casual fanbase (wembley fans) to shell out £10 a time, then financially I'm not sure it's looking as bleak as some might think.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
Dan
September 7, 2018, 12:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from Bigdog
https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/1037975098769252352

As JF has stated previously, GTFC aren't bothered about how many fans we take away because the club itself don't earn any money from them. Can see him voting for EFL clubs being able to show away games in the UK some time soon

You do realise that when one team is playing away, another team is at home right? It's impossible to just stream away games as home fans could just watch on the away teams website

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
Bigdog
September 7, 2018, 12:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Dan

You do realise that when one team is playing away, another team is at home right? It's impossible to just stream away games as home fans could just watch on the away teams website

Not the case. Your personal login is associated with the team you're registered for..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Live Games on i follow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.