Maringer
September 7, 2018, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I would have liked Rose as an option from the bench I doubt Robles will ever get near the bench given his obvious lack of fitness.

Robles has been on the bench every game this season. Apart from the Chuckatrade game which he started.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
diehardmariner
September 7, 2018, 2:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,412
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Abdul19

Agreed. Jack Lester didn't get a run of games until he was 21, for example.

And he most definitely benefited from his loan spell at Doncaster.  He didn't look like anything like the threat he became up until that loan spell.

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
rancido
September 7, 2018, 3:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Rik e B

Different people mature physically at different rates -Rooney looked about 30 at 15/16 whereas some people are boyish in their early twenties.

I know it may be hard for clubs to justify holding on to a young adult to see if he any cop once develops a man's physique but I wonder how many extremely talented youngsters have been tossed on the footballing scrapheap just because unfortunately for them their hormonal goings on a bit behind?

Loads I bet. I lt's good that Jolley has spotted the potential within and given out 2 and 3 year deals to give these boys/young men chance to fill out and have a fair pop at things.

Obviously Jolley sees a future for Max otherwise he wouldn't have given him a contract in the summer. This is a good move for both players providing they do get game time and don't spend the loan period warming the Boston bench

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Tommy
September 7, 2018, 4:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Abdul19

Agreed. Jack Lester didn't get a run of games until he was 21, for example.

Here's another difference between then and now.....

I remember watching Reserve games for ages where Jack was playing (and usually doing quite well). I'm sure there must have been far more reserve games back in those days and I'm sure it helped Jack's development too. There wasn't the rush to get him out on loan (although he obviously went out at one point) because he was getting regular football in the reserves league.

Always remember it seemed an age for him to get his chance in the first team and after starring for the reserves for so long.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
immariner
September 9, 2018, 11:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 59
Short review of their first game (plus a recent hero):  

'...what a revelation the two Grimsby lads were, two lads with great futures ahead of them. Sorry for lack of names but the 19year old winger is like lightening in attack but also dashing back to support his fullback, excellent. The Centre forward again very quick but also a good brain on him, frightening the opposition to death and his headed goal was exquisite. A special mention for Nathan Arnold, a lovely goal but his work rate getting back and getting a foot in was exemplary'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
mariner91
September 9, 2018, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
A good friend of mine is a Boston fan and he went to Stockport yesterday and said both of the lads were excellent. Keep it up Max and Ahkeem, you'll get your chances soon enough if you do.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
Rik e B
September 9, 2018, 12:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Excellent news
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
Tommy
September 9, 2018, 4:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
dapperz fun pub
September 9, 2018, 4:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I’m certain MJ would have the game watched so however they’ve done he will know about it , get them back after the month
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
Les Brechin
September 10, 2018, 4:18pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,690
Gold Stars: 174

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Youngsters out on loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.