2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
newarkmariner
September 6, 2018, 2:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
So the Stevenage tickets are now available, well as much as I love watching Town I will not be giving 1 penny to that shitehouse of a club,i know some fans will still go but the way we was pushed around and treated like animals was beyond the pale and I hope all Town fans boycott the game and hit them were it hurts most. They must have taken over £20k in ticket sales from us last season add to that the pies, tea, burgers and programmes sold that's an awful lot off money to lose for a club who average around 2k home fans and who would have budgeted in some big away followings, f@ck em southern masturbaters
Logged Offline
Private Message
MarinerRob
September 6, 2018, 3:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 107
I'm not going so that will be a little less for that club even though it's my nearest ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Northbank Mariner
September 6, 2018, 3:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Unfortunately I'm washing my bra that day and I ain't getting my moobs out for anybody!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
we will return
September 6, 2018, 3:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
As much as I agree, for me supporting the team comes before anything else.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
A.l.f.
September 6, 2018, 4:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
After going the last 2 seasons - I will not be attending this one.  One of the few away days I will not do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
lukeo
September 6, 2018, 9:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Guessing they're trying to make it difficult for us to get tickets for making it all ticket, stupid. On one hand I don't want anyone to give them a penny but on the other hand I want the players to have the vocal backing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
HackneyHaddock
September 6, 2018, 9:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I don't get to many games and live down South so as much as I don't like the way they've handled things, I'm going to cheer the team on.  The best response is to go there and take three points off them to make up for the last two dismal performances.

I just wish Stevenage had been a bit more magnanimous and maybe said as they sent the tickets "we're sorry about last time.  We got it wrong but have taken feedback on board and made some changes.  We hope you come and enjoy your day down here".  I think most fans would have said that was fair enough and had another good time in Wetherspoons down there then gone to the game.  What rankled with many was their poor attitude and that they doubled down on their accusations and instead of listening and learning, came out on the attack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
KingstonMariner
September 6, 2018, 10:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I don't get to many games and live down South so as much as I don't like the way they've handled things, I'm going to cheer the team on.  The best response is to go there and take three points off them to make up for the last two dismal performances.

I just wish Stevenage had been a bit more magnanimous and maybe said as they sent the tickets "we're sorry about last time.  We got it wrong but have taken feedback on board and made some changes.  We hope you come and enjoy your day down here".  I think most fans would have said that was fair enough and had another good time in Wetherspoons down there then gone to the game.  What rankled with many was their poor attitude and that they doubled down on their accusations and instead of listening and learning, came out on the attack.

And lets not forget the part played by our own club. Or rather lack of a part. Apart from sacking the effective SLO not long afterwards.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
HackneyHaddock
September 6, 2018, 10:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

And lets not forget the part played by our own club. Or rather lack of a part. Apart from sacking the effective SLO not long afterwards.

Stevenage regular stewards admitted to me at the time that they'd been ordered to get more police in after GTFC sent a warning about flares being smuggled in.  I think they also used a private security firm who didn't know what they were doing and were more interested in getting "stuck in" as if they're on the door of a club on a Saturday night.

Kristene was great in collating the responses and I think could have been very helpful to the club and fans if they hadn't been so high-handed in forcing her out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
HackneyHaddock
September 6, 2018, 10:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Stevenage regular stewards admitted to me at the time that they'd been ordered to get more police in after GTFC sent a warning about flares being smuggled in.  I think they also used a private security firm who didn't know what they were doing and were more interested in getting "stuck in" as if they're on the door of a club on a Saturday night.

Kristene was great in collating the responses and I think could have been very helpful to the club and fans if they hadn't been so high-handed in forcing her out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › STEVENAGE TICKETS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.