Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A solution to this B team Fiasco ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 270 Guests

A solution to this B team Fiasco ?

This thread currently has 5,816 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
September 5, 2018, 3:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
[I want to see my grandchildren be able to watch Grimsby Town as a proud member of the Football League.

And if they asked you to take them to see town in a checkatrade game would you refuse to take them because of your own beliefs??....

Yes because I see my duty as a parent and a grandparent to educate. Once they reach maturity they will learn to read, weight up the information and then decided the EFL Trophy is a crazy idea!!!
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
Northbank Mariner
September 5, 2018, 4:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Cloudy

Yes because I see my duty as a parent and a grandparent to educate. Once they reach maturity they will learn to read, weight up the information and then decided the EFL Trophy is a crazy idea!!!

The exact reason I took my boy last night and a few others I spoke to at the game, but I believe by the time our kids and grandkids, respectively, have grown up don't you think the whole of the footballing landscape will have changed beyond all recognition of what we have now??...we can fight to maintain the history of the game but it moves on, sometimes we have to accept that the future of football is shifting, wether we like it or not..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
blundellpork
September 5, 2018, 7:11pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
There should be a cap on the number of young players that each academy can take, a cap on the number of seniors in a squad, and a requirement that each match day squad has an under 20 in it.

The bigger clubs simply horde talent these days to prevent other clubs from signing them and to see them on at a later date.

I agree that the days of a John Oster, Gary Croft etc are likely to get ever rarer in the current system.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
ginnywings
September 5, 2018, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Why don't Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool eff off and start a European league, then we can let 5 more teams into the league structure from below. They can please themselves what they do with their boatloads of cash in that instance.

Power and greed are human traits, so the rich won't be happy until they have everything. Remember when ITV Digital started throwing money around? Nearly bankrupted us that did.

Think on people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
KingstonMariner
September 5, 2018, 10:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
When I wanted to take my lad to football when he was little, I took him to non-league games. Didn't stop him growing up as a Town fan. And he's big enough and ugly enough to tell me what he thinks now. So I don't hold with this argument that it's cheaper and the small crowds are less intimidating argument. If that's what you're concerned about get down to Clee, Louth or GY Boro.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
grimsby pete
September 5, 2018, 11:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
Why don't Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool eff off and start a European league, then we can let 5 more teams into the league structure from below. They can please themselves what they do with their boatloads of cash in that instance.

I think that will happen before any B teams are allowed in the league.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Abdul19
September 6, 2018, 6:19am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
The PL won't just let them intercourse off though, so who knows how long it would take. Also, hasn't the whole European Super League thing been mooted for about a quarter of a century now? The B teams are being trialled right now so I'd say there's a bigger chance of that being allowed to happen.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
ginnywings
September 6, 2018, 8:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Abdul19
The PL won't just let them intercourse off though, so who knows how long it would take. Also, hasn't the whole European Super League thing been mooted for about a quarter of a century now? The B teams are being trialled right now so I'd say there's a bigger chance of that being allowed to happen.

Spanish teams are about to play one fixture a season in the USA, and will compensate fans for travel and accommodation. It's all about TV money now and with the vast increases given to teams lately, I think it's inevitable that they will do whatever the TV companies want them to do. I think a European Super League is getting closer, because it's a big money spinner. A handful of teams are monopolising each nation, so they will go their own way eventually i feel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
golfer
September 6, 2018, 8:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Cut down on foreign players in these top teams then home grown youngsters would get the experience they need. There also used to be "reserve leagues"- where have they gone ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
louth_in_the_south
September 6, 2018, 8:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
As soon as the MSL develops into a league that can provide teams that can compete with the European teams there will be a world league . The potential for advertising with them involved would be huge and by then travel around the world will be a matter of hours .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A solution to this B team Fiasco ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.