Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A solution to this B team Fiasco ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 240 Guests

A solution to this B team Fiasco ?

This thread currently has 5,815 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 5, 2018, 10:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
How about this for a solution ?

If the prem want to play their young players against men let them play in the national league,

There could be 12 B teams and 12 other clubs,

The B teams are not allowed to be promoted,

This makes it a lot easier tor proper clubs playing in that league to get promoted back into the league,

So you still have one team promoted and another 6 in the play offs,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
hheh2
September 5, 2018, 10:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Here's a fix, let the prem youth come through their parent clubs first team? Easy

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
Abdul19
September 5, 2018, 10:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
So what happens to the 12 National League clubs (all of whom, 'proper clubs' or not, have earned their place at that level) you're kicking out to make room for the B teams?

I actually think this is a worse idea than the Checkatrade Trophy, which is some going!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
pizzzza
September 5, 2018, 10:56am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
Presumably, the B teams wouldn't get relegated either so it would also be easier for "proper" clubs to be relegated also. 7 proper teams would be in auto or playoff promotion spots and 4 would be relegated, leaving one spot for a mid-table "proper club".

And if the point is that the B teams can play against "men" with 12 of them in one league half of their games would be against other B teams anyway.

I like the creative thinking but its back to the drawing board with you Pete.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
horsforthmariner
September 5, 2018, 11:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,589
Gold Stars: 9
The problem with English football was never an issue surrounding B-Teams. There's been talk in both Germany and Spain to scrap B-Teams as they are a waste of money.

Germany and Spain both have far more coaches than us and have a history of possession based football. This is where the FA (are finally, but rightly) now focusing on.

The fact that so many England players have found a route through lower and even non league shows a strength of our system and not a weakness.

The reason I oppose B teams is that I believe i will stifle development and encourage uncompetiveness something that will harm the English National team as well as the game as a whole.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
rancido
September 5, 2018, 11:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimsby pete
How about this for a solution ?

If the prem want to play their young players against men let them play in the national league,

There could be 12 B teams and 12 other clubs,

The B teams are not allowed to be promoted,

This makes it a lot easier tor proper clubs playing in that league to get promoted back into the league,

So you still have one team promoted and another 6 in the play offs,

But you are accepting the principle of having B teams in the football pyramid.

Surely it's better to just confine them to a cup competition?

I can understand fans fears that the Checkatrade could lead to Premiersh*t B teams in the Football League structure but I cannot see the required number of FL clubs would vote for this. The start of every season there is  at least 10 teams in each league who genuinely believe they have a real chance of promotion. There is no way those clubs would vote through a proposal that would reduce their chances of promotion. It's one thing having a cup run that could potentially earn a nice amount of money in one season  ( didn't Lincoln get a total of £500,000 from their cup run) but a totally different situation that could generate vast amounts more for years to come through promotion. Likewise do you think a club would risk it's league position or status with the possibility of a Premiersh*t B team getting 6 points against it and any of those 6 points being responsible for it's demise?  I know some of you think it's the " thin end of the wedge " but I think the majority of FL clubs have too much to lose to allow that to happen.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
Northbank Mariner
September 5, 2018, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
If the premier league are so adamant about their B teams being allowed league status, which we all know is their ultimate plan, then set up a B league...each premier league club has the ability to self fund the notion and this would leave the EFL clubs out and allow us to get back to playing for the "football league" trophy....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
grimsby pete
September 5, 2018, 11:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from pizzzza
Presumably, the B teams wouldn't get relegated either so it would also be easier for "proper" clubs to be relegated also. 7 proper teams would be in auto or playoff promotion spots and 4 would be relegated, leaving one spot for a mid-table "proper club".

And if the point is that the B teams can play against "men" with 12 of them in one league half of their games would be against other B teams anyway.

I like the creative thinking but its back to the drawing board with you Pete.

No I should have said they can get relegated and promoted back to the national league but not promoted to the football league,

I gather its a bad idea but never mind it wont happen anyway.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
crusty ole pie
September 5, 2018, 11:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
I think if the FA are serious about getting young players playing than they need to start limiting the amount of young players the top teams can have in their academies. They are scoping up the talent like a Russian freezer boat in the hope that they find a rare Wayne Rooney and vast majority are than discarded with the wrong attitude to play in a real league. This way if the players are good  enough they will be playing regular football by the age of 18 and learning like tony ford the Moore brothers and lately Harry Clifton , not driving round in flash cars and thinking they are too good to play for the likes of town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
denni266
September 5, 2018, 11:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
How about the premsheit just do one or set up there own separate league for them only and leave us alone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A solution to this B team Fiasco ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.