5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
buckstown
September 5, 2018, 9:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
I very rarely look at the national league nowadays but in a moment of boredom last night noticed that the mighty Spireites lost for the 6th consecutive game last night. Turned over by the giants that are Boreham Wood.
The forum is a right chuckle if you've got ten minutes to spare. "Allen out" is at 14 pages and of course there is the mandatory "officials are crap" thread.
Welcome to the pleasure dome
http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=3

Nice to see Wrexham and Orient starting fairly well, proper football clubs
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
September 5, 2018, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Chesterfield are a proper club. I feel for their fans having to endure non league.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
marinerdazza
September 5, 2018, 9:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Still trying to get my head around the unstoppable rise of Harrogate Town. Fully deserved and their manager must be hot property, but I just cannot imagine them in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
marinerdazza
September 5, 2018, 9:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Just read the Chesterfield link by the way. Martin Allen must be wishing he'd stayed at Barnet. Sounds like his heart isn't in it.

Suspect they'll be there for some years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
Grim74
September 5, 2018, 9:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Good to see Harrogate doing well don’t know much about them but if they’re there purely because of hard sweat and graft then good luck to them, rather them then Salford F.C. anyday.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
mariner91
September 5, 2018, 9:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Chesterfield are a proper club. I feel for their fans having to endure non league.

I don't after them Lording it over us the other year. Hope they rot in that league for a good few years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
Maringer
September 5, 2018, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I think quite a few of the Conference clubs are spending a good bit of money these days - I think Boreham Wood are among those spending quite a bit! No idea about Harrogate, however. Fylde are spending lots but Sutton United are fan-funded (though their Cup run the other year probably helped a bit).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
Welwynmariner
September 5, 2018, 9:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
One of my mates is a Wrexham fan and let's not forget them from the "proper football club" category.

Pearson and Summerfield turned out for them and Dayle Southwell played for Halifax. I see Leyton Orient have Matt Harrold, Joe Widdowson and Craig Clay playing for them. Quite a lot of ex-Mariners to keep an eye on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
Abdul19
September 5, 2018, 10:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Harrogate have been well backed and loss making for years, I believe.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
horsforthmariner
September 5, 2018, 10:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from marinerdazza
Still trying to get my head around the unstoppable rise of Harrogate Town. Fully deserved and their manager must be hot property, but I just cannot imagine them in the league.

To be fair Harrogate (If you include Knaresborough) has a population of around 90k. They've got a pretty big catchment area. There isn't a single league club in North Yorkshire. Bradford City is the nearest club to them and that's nearly an hour away. If they get into the League they'll just keep on growing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.