bradzmilne
September 4, 2018, 11:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from ginnywings

Cheers. It's a 5 minute stroll to their ground from where i live, and I've thought of going once or twice myself, but not got there yet.

Would be cool if they went far and we drew them. Not likely, but you never know.

To be honest, it's not glamorous but it is entertaining and the players really do fight tooth and nail.

I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people on here are negative towards Clee. It's primarily made up of local lads that haven't quite made the cut for professional football, so it's an integral part of of local amateur football scene - which without we wouldn't have seen so many of all time greats over the years.

I've got absolutely no association to Clee but I certainly would rather my ticket fee and money for a couple of pints went too them rather than a Sky Sports subscription and refuse to give the money to the B Team cup out of pure personal principle.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
ginnywings
September 4, 2018, 11:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Can't disagree with any of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
promotion plaice
September 4, 2018, 11:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I would imagine the majority of Clee Town and Grimsby Borough fans support GTFC as well ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
KingstonMariner
September 4, 2018, 11:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bradzmilne

To be honest, it's not glamorous but it is entertaining and the players really do fight tooth and nail.

I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people on here are negative towards Clee. It's primarily made up of local lads that haven't quite made the cut for professional football, so it's an integral part of of local amateur football scene - which without we wouldn't have seen so many of all time greats over the years.

I've got absolutely no association to Clee but I certainly would rather my ticket fee and money for a couple of pints went too them rather than a Sky Sports subscription and refuse to give the money to the B Team cup out of pure personal principle.

Because you're supposed to hate other teams from nearby and only want one team to do well. Chapter 2 of the Bluffers Guide to Being a Football Fan.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
mimma
September 5, 2018, 1:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Can you have a pint and watch the game at the same time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Mighty_Mariner
September 5, 2018, 1:15am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MarinerMart
idiot

I'm an idiot for asking if anybody was going to watch a local team, made up of many ex-Town players (including a legend) on an evening when Town are playing in an almost universally hated competition?

You've just achieved a whole new level of moron.... Congratulations sir 👍👏

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
lukeo
September 5, 2018, 5:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Because you're supposed to hate other teams from nearby and only want one team to do well. Chapter 2 of the Bluffers Guide to Being a Football Fan.

I disagree, this is where all the aggressive mentality stems from and causes 'things' to happen between sets of fans. I hope Clee and GY Borough both have really good seasons and wish them all the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
Grim74
September 5, 2018, 8:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lukeo

I disagree, this is where all the aggressive mentality stems from and causes 'things' to happen between sets of fans. I hope Clee and GY Borough both have really good seasons and wish them all the best.

I dont think he’s serious pal, he likes a bit sarcasm does Kingston 😀

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
lukeo
September 7, 2018, 6:01am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I'll get my coat...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clee Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.