Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tomorrow evening
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 329 Guests

Tomorrow evening

This thread currently has 27,181 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
September 4, 2018, 7:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from AdamHaddock
It's basically a reserve game to give Thomas and others 90 minutes

Is Thomas eligible? Does this count as the second of his two match ban?  Or is he eligible but banned for Saturday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 219
Garth
September 4, 2018, 8:02am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Can I pay on the gate or do I need a ticket? Chance to see some our boys play that have not been in the first team yet, Bully away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 219
promotion plaice
September 4, 2018, 8:09am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Is Thomas eligible? Does this count as the second of his two match ban?  Or is he eligible but banned for Saturday?

Thomas will be available for tonight's game but banned on Saturday.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 219
golfer
September 4, 2018, 8:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Damn it--I've just missed my bus so can't go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 219
jonnyboy82
September 4, 2018, 8:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Was planning on going but i have some paint that i need to watch dry.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 219
Bigdog
September 4, 2018, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Garth
Can I pay on the gate or do I need a ticket? Chance to see some our boys play that have not been in the first team yet, Bully away

Sent you 20000 PMs..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 219
diehardmariner
September 4, 2018, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,578
Gold Stars: 537
Looks its a dirty feeling (I cant attend anyway) but as much as I despise what theyve done with this competition, I quietly think the format of it is perfect for us this season. A group stage format therefore multiple low pressure low attendance games for michael jolley to experiment and use squad and youth players, I really hope someone unexpected stands out, we could just do with someone right now to provide a spark

I know what you're saying with this one and it highlights what the competition should have developed into if they wanted to breathe new life into it.

A youth orientated stipulation (top of my head something like 5 of the starting 11 have to be Under 23 and products of your own youth set-up) but without the abomination of the Academy Elite teams entering would have generated far more interest than this farce.
A lot of fans of the clubs involved have an interest in seeing how their own kids develop, for clubs like Town who might not have a lot of 21/22 year olds in their side who have come through their system, it would be a chance for the final year youth lads to get some game time - but rather than getting thrown straight in against 11 fully grown men they get a bridge to professional football.  Gives the clubs a better chance of testing the water on those that they're not quite sure about too, especially as they might not get the opportunity in league games and the young lads get released without having a chance to see what they're like in the big time.

Instead we've got this joke of a competition that no-one agrees with, no-one really wants and quite frankly is an embarrassment to everyone involved.  The way this and the League Cup are going, the Football League are in danger of both of their cup competitions going down the pan.    Neither tournament has flourished in recent years but the accelerated lack of interest has come under the guise of Shaun Harvey.  Because he can subsidise these tournaments with sponsorship money, he's avoiding any scrutiny from the members.  Once that sponsorship well dries up he's a dead man walking.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 219
jimgtfc
September 4, 2018, 9:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Sorry guys but I’ll be there tonight. My 4 year old little boy is absolutely football mad and he’s slowly learning the game and starting to support town. Unfortunately he is absolutely terrified by large crowds of people and taking him to a league game on a Saturday is just not an option at the moment, so games like tonight and friendlies are the only games he can go to until he gets a bit older. He’s always so disappointed when he can’t go so he’s so excited about tonight, and I can’t wait to take him!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 219
golfer
September 4, 2018, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Bigdog
Not going.. gonna be bullying fans on social media instead..

Bully for you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 219
Bigdog
September 4, 2018, 9:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The monetary gains for any of the top six of the Premier League to qualify for the Champions League and for the bottom ten of the Premier League to stay in the division are far too great for them to even take the FA Cup seriously never mind the EFL's cup competitions. Teams dropping out the Premier League even get £100m or so for getting relegated which dwarfs the £6m the Champoinship clubs receive. Where's the equity in that? The whole system is fooked up.

In ten years Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool etc will receive over £2bn in TV money. A club like ours will receive £5-10m. In that time they will spend more on one player twenty or thirty times over than an amount that will set up a club like ours up for a century. And all because those teams want to beat Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG in a Champions League Final. A cup competition that only one team can win every year is ruining the foundations of the whole game in Europe and we're left with these stupid competitions like tonight because clubs like ours are scared of missing out on one or two breadcrumbs from a huge banquet.

The sooner the top six clear off into a European Super League the better, because what would be left would still be a hugely marketable product to sell to the TV companies, and without the stranglehold of the top six a more equitable carve up of the reduced spoils would have to happen. It is only then that EFL clubs at the bottom of the pile would be allowed to flourish..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 219
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tomorrow evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.