Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tomorrow evening
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 170 Guests

Tomorrow evening

This thread currently has 27,002 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 5, 2018, 10:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I'd like to see us win the competition to make some money.

However, I won't be going to any of the games, even if we reach the Final.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 219
MarinerMal
September 5, 2018, 10:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from chelseacity
The thing is last night GTFC earned £10,000 for winning, then they receive £20,000 for participating in the Competition, so that's £30,000 so far banked with another couple of wins in this 1st round that's another £10,000 per win which could make them £50,000 before round 2,  which is then £20,000 per win, what i'm saying here is our club can make some easy cash from this Comp which is what we all want for our club isn't it ?

Making a little cash now but what are the long term effects?

It's akin to a drug pusher giving initial freebies out to get customers hooked.

So the PL give a little money out now, they will eventually start to increase it until clubs are making some real money from this competition. So much so that FL clubs start relying on this money to balance their books. The PL then announce the 'B' team idea again further down the line but threaten to pull this new money out if clubs don't agree. The FL clubs being so reliant on this new money are too scared of losing it, so vote to allow 'B' teams.

Well done to those of you who paid to watch either at the ground or ifollow, professing to love your club. This scenario would be your fault, the destruction of lower league football in England.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 219
Grim74
September 5, 2018, 11:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I can’t believe so called fans are starting to capitulate after our first win, by supporting this event you are sleepwalking into as MarinerMel puts it “ the destruction of lower league football”. Smell the coffee people the money men are already calling this competition a success, in other words we are accepting the B teams as part our league structure. And we all know what the next step is......
wake up they are taking you for idiots.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 219
chelseacity
September 5, 2018, 11:30am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +355
Gold Stars: 9
On the one hand we want our club to make money,  on the other hand we understand what some of you are saying re the future, or should i say possible future if your right, what if your wrong though ?   Lincoln made half a million out of this comp & it's done some good for them hasn't it ?
It's a bit like damned if you do & damned if you don't. I want the club to make money, but i don't want the leagues to change if that really is the plan, though i could never imagine the EFL allowing Premier B teams to join the leagues, who's place would they take ?  what sort of crowds would we take to say Anfield to watch our team play Liverpool reserves/under 21 ? almost none, that idea would kill off the entire EFL structure & all the clubs other than the Premier league ones, that's not a plan anyone would introduce no matter how stupid we think they can be at the EFL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 219
grimsby pete
September 5, 2018, 12:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from MarinerMal

Well done to those of you who paid to watch either at the ground or ifollow, professing to love your club. This scenario would be your fault, the destruction of lower league football in England.

Wow !!!!  I did not know me paying my £10 to watch my team on i follow would  be the end of my football club,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 219
ska face
September 5, 2018, 12:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,341
Gold Stars: 824
Give it a rest Pete.

3 years of having this explained and the evidence laid out for you, and people still refuse to see the bigger picture. Your shout of course but the “playing dumb” routine is wearing thin.
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 219
grimsby pete
September 5, 2018, 12:55pm

Exile
Quoted from ska face
Give it a rest Pete.

3 years of having this explained and the evidence laid out for you, and people still refuse to see the bigger picture. Your shout of course but the “playing dumb” routine is wearing thin.

I will not be bullied by you or anybody else to stop me watching my team,

If I live as long as my dad I have about 15 years left so while I am able I will watch mt team anyway I can,

As it happens most of the games will be on the computer or telly ,

You do what you want to do and I will do what I like .

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 219
ska face
September 5, 2018, 1:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,341
Gold Stars: 824
Bullied? Have a word with yourself.

You’ve just intimated you couldn’t see the link between supporting the competition and the negative long-term impact the competition has on the club.  This despite the exact same conversation taking place on a monthly basis on here for the past 3 years at least.

Nobody’s saying you can’t do what you want, that’s the point, but pleading ignorance is no excuse.
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 219
Hagrid
September 5, 2018, 1:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from grimsby pete

I will not be bullied by you or anybody else to stop me watching my team,

If I live as long as my dad I have about 15 years left so while I am able I will watch mt team anyway I can,

As it happens most of the games will be on the computer or telly ,

You do what you want to do and I will do what I like .

i dont think he's bullying you Pete, for what its worth i dont agree with what you did but its your choice isnt it and thats that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 219
grimsby pete
September 5, 2018, 2:04pm

Exile
Quoted from ska face
Bullied? Have a word with yourself.

You’ve just intimated you couldn’t see the link between supporting the competition and the negative long-term impact the competition has on the club.  This despite the exact same conversation taking place on a monthly basis on here for the past 3 years at least.

Nobody’s saying you can’t do what you want, that’s the point, but pleading ignorance is no excuse.

Intimated ?  you are having a laugh,

There are no facts on what will happen in the future just people like you saying this will happen,

We do not agree on the facts because there aren't any so you believe in what you want I need more evidence.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 219
22 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tomorrow evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.