Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why are we so crap at home?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 100 Guests

Why are we so crap at home?

This thread currently has 8,791 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
September 2, 2018, 6:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Bigdog

Maybe if the board try and DO something that may get the fans excited more's the point. We're way past shallow words that the fans know the board don't believe in but it serves their purpose of bringing in income that they can gladly spend and take the credit for rather than change the whole dynamic of the club by bringing in extra investment or sorting a new stadium.

Every bit of responsibility for the well being of the club is being loaded on the fans year by year. A set of loyal fans that have suffered enough over the past two decades. A set of loyal fans who are generous enough to blame themselves in this thread regarding how crap the team are at home due to atmosphere, yet BP was voted best for atmosphere in League Two in a recent fan survey. BP was a morgue on Saturday, but fans should not be blamed for everything that's wrong at the club and they should not feel responsibility or guilt for everything that's wrong at the club too, the ultimate responsibility lays elsewhere..

If the board resigned it would be a good start  
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
GrimRob
September 2, 2018, 6:23pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I think when the away end is packed and we have someone to chant at then BP can be a fortress. For the last ten years though the away end has been fairly empty. In that case the supporters tend to find fault on the pitch, or those that do can at least be overheard

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 66
golfer
September 2, 2018, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,427
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from GrimExile
It’s a good question and I think it’s us the fans that are the problem. We get on the players backs with (at times) some really nasty comments. I live near London and over the years I’ve been to nearly all if not all the grounds in London with friends. I’ve noticed the home fans are nowhere near as nasty as ours can be. Also ours is a small ground with the pitch right next to the stands, so the players can hear most of these comments. Would you be playing to your full capacity if that was happening to you? I also think it’s worth mentioning that the away support is the opposite. They shout and cheer their hearts out from start to finish. It therefore appears (to me) that those getting on the players backs only go to home games. Ok that’s a generalisation but I don’t think I’m far off the mark. UTM

At yesterdays match in the Upper Findus there was this guy who is not a season ticket holder effing and blinding at the top of his voice throughout Towns "good spell " in the first half. He has done the same whenever I have seen him but yesterday he was on the row end about 3 rows above the stairs. I was tempted to tell him but then he was unusually quiet for the rest of the match. Stood at the top of the stairs were 3 stewards who must have heard him-wouldn't it have been part of their job to tell him to cut out the swearing. It's fair enough shouting but the language this guy was using was disgraceful. If you are the one and you are reading this "grow up" there were women and children within 5 yards of you-have respect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
promotion plaice
September 2, 2018, 6:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,045
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from golfer

At yesterdays match in the Upper Findus there was this guy who is not a season ticket holder effing and blinding at the top of his voice throughout Towns "good spell " in the first half. He has done the same whenever I have seen him but yesterday he was on the row end about 3 rows above the stairs. I was tempted to tell him but then he was unusually quiet for the rest of the match. Stood at the top of the stairs were 3 stewards who must have heard him-wouldn't it have been part of their job to tell him to cut out the swearing. It's fair enough shouting but the language this guy was using was disgraceful. If you are the one and you are reading this "grow up" there were women and children within 5 yards of you-have respect.

I have it on good authority that Mr Fenty has promised not to do it again  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2018, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Bigdog

Maybe if the board try and DO something that may get the fans excited more's the point. We're way past shallow words that the fans know the board don't believe in but it serves their purpose of bringing in income that they can gladly spend and take the credit for rather than change the whole dynamic of the club by bringing in extra investment or sorting a new stadium.

Every bit of responsibility for the well being of the club is being loaded on the fans year by year. A set of loyal fans that have suffered enough over the past two decades. A set of loyal fans who are generous enough to blame themselves in this thread regarding how crap the team are at home due to atmosphere, yet BP was voted best for atmosphere in League Two in a recent fan survey. BP was a morgue on Saturday, but fans should not be blamed for everything that's wrong at the club and they should not feel responsibility or guilt for everything that's wrong at the club too, the ultimate responsibility lays elsewhere..

Problem is now that any positive (whenever it happens) input by the board is likely to be met with cynicism.

Let's just remember that this is the board that weren't very resolute post-Stevenage, organised the bullying of Matt Dean, accused some fans of bullying over Checkatrade, promised a new stadium by November 2019 and Championship football in 5 years. Not to forget that 'Operation Promotion' was the 'worst thing that's happened'.

I don't know if Michael Jolley reads The Fishy but please don't believe all you've been told! It's not just us that raise expectations.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
Mendonca1995
September 2, 2018, 7:16pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
They had their chance to get the fans excited approx 1.3 million for Bogle and 700.000 for dembele so why the f*ck didn’t they buy a goalscorer who can put the ball in the net, It’s been needed long since Bogle left and we’ve not replaced him we’re has all the money gone ? Ok we’ve signed a couple of players who could be on good money ie welsh Hess macca whitehouse but surely all that money hasn’t been spent on wages it’s amazing how 3000 season tickets have been sold AGAIN but yet we still never got that one goalscorer that we all so badly wanted, Ive never had a problem with fenty and the board but they are now starting to p*ss me off and a lot of other fans also wondering were the money has gone this season hasn’t been great as yet and I hope it gets better because the fans are showing already that there not happy with what they are watching especially at home UTM ⚫️⚪️

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
chaos33
September 2, 2018, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
1.3 million for Bogle and 700k for Dembele?! Where'd you get those figures from??!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
promotion plaice
September 2, 2018, 7:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,045
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Mendonca1995
They had their chance to get the fans excited approx 1.3 million for Bogle and 700.000 for dembele so why the f*ck didn’t they buy a goalscorer who can put the ball in the net, It’s been needed long since Bogle left and we’ve not replaced him we’re has all the money gone ? Ok we’ve signed a couple of players who could be on good money ie welsh Hess macca whitehouse but surely all that money hasn’t been spent on wages it’s amazing how 3000 season tickets have been sold AGAIN but yet we still never got that one goalscorer that we all so badly wanted, Ive never had a problem with fenty and the board but they are now starting to p*ss me off and a lot of other fans also wondering were the money has gone this season hasn’t been great as yet and I hope it gets better because the fans are showing already that there not happy with what they are watching especially at home UTM ⚫️⚪️

I fully agree with you but no way did we get £2m for Bogle and Dembele, more like around half of that.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
grimsby pete
September 2, 2018, 8:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Sorry if this has been said before but we are so poor at home because we never replaced Boglem

If you can not score you will not win,

As soon as the away side score first you know we will not score 2,

Lets hope with Thomas Pringle and the young lad from Sunderland change things for the better.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
Abdul19
September 2, 2018, 8:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from chaos33
1.3 million for Bogle and 700k for Dembele?! Where'd you get those figures from??!

Yeah clearly nonsense. I heard we got £1.4m for Dembele plus 50% sell on.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why are we so crap at home?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.