Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long is 'transition'?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 213 Guests

How long is 'transition'?

This thread currently has 9,552 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 2, 2018, 1:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 75

It's only division 4 FFS, we are Grimsby. Is it fair to say we are now the third best club in Lincolnshire? When are you people going to demand more?

Next season or the season after next.

Rome was not built in a day.

PS. Just heard we have won only 2 of our last 15 home games,

I demand that improves immediately.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 81
Roast Em Bobby
September 2, 2018, 1:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I started the season full of optimism but I've watched games against FGR & Yeovil, both of whom have also massively changed their squads, and both who have comprehensively outplayed us.

Yeovil didn't comprehensively out play us at all. Granted FGR did in the 2nd half of that game
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 81
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2018, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

Funny you should mention the sound system or lack of. We were saying the next we will see of that is when we must win a game to stay up. That is no reflection at all on Michael Jolley as I don't think for a minute we will be in any sort of trouble but that sums up the club mentality. Every single thing is reactive. What Lincoln have achieved on the back of one promotion from the Conference has been incredible, but I bet there is not one Town fan alive who expected our club to cash in our promotion in any way whatsoever.

But that's the point. One promotion should drive the next promotion - no-one should ever look to 'consolidate'. FGR are looking like the next one overtaking us at speed.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 81
golfer
September 2, 2018, 2:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
It's not them overtaking us-its us dropping behind. The reason there is not a bigger uproar over our performances is that it is expected that we are shite. We are in transition,takes time,we have no money to spend,our grounds falling down,training ground inadequate,Bignots fault,Slades fault,J.S.F.'s fault. Why do we keep making excuses. We deserve more than what is being served up. Our away following is more than a lot of division 1 clubs and what is our reward-call it what you like but it's shite served up on a platter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 81
promotion plaice
September 2, 2018, 2:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from golfer
It's not them overtaking us-its us dropping behind. The reason there is not a bigger uproar over our performances is that it is expected that we are shite. We are in transition,takes time,we have no money to spend,our grounds falling down,training ground inadequate,Bignots fault,Slades fault,J.S.F.'s fault. Why do we keep making excuses. We deserve more than what is being served up. Our away following is more than a lot of division 1 clubs and what is our reward-call it what you like but it's shite served up on a platter

I blame it on our location  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 81
golfer
September 2, 2018, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
I've never heard that mentioned-thought it could be because we pulled down the swimming pool  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 81
kenlyn
September 2, 2018, 3:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +55
I know the league  tables are nothing to go by at this time of year but we have played
5 teams ithat currently occupy the top 7.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 81
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2018, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from kenlyn
I know the league  tables are nothing to go by at this time of year but we have played
5 teams ithat currently occupy the top 7.

We've lost at home to two teams that finished roughly level with us last season. Teams that have made similar levels of squad change to us.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 81
Roast Em Bobby
September 2, 2018, 4:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
You can’t compare us to FGR as they are being run as a vanity project and have a level of funding and debt way beyond ours.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 81
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2018, 5:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
You can’t compare us to FGR as they are being run as a vanity project and have a level of funding and debt way beyond ours.

And how long have we been run as a 'vanity project'? Remember Bournemouth?
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long is 'transition'?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.