Reply: 50 - 64
Gainsbro_Mariner
September 1, 2018, 4:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
We don’t know our best formation, our best line up and despite having what seems 27 forwards on the book none of them look capable of scoring consistently

Maybe when Thomas is fit and isn’t suspended he may be the man but what annoys me is that what most fans would as the biggest priority over the summer was to sign a proven goalscorer just hadn’t happened. Until then we’ll keep losing and drawing games.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
Abdul19
September 1, 2018, 4:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
1 point from 9 at home, worst start at BP since 09/10  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
Marinerz93
September 1, 2018, 4:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Poor showing and was expecting a bit more bite, toothless in the final 3rd however we should have had a penalty. Too many long balls pumped up for their defence to gobble up for my liking.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 1, 2018, 4:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Feel that theyre using the advantages alot better than we are, too many hopeful looping balls when its obvious our forward players wont win any aerial battles, we clearly out pace them need to use that more. Vernam probably our standout player.
Would like to see some of that half time adapting to the game that we seemed to do more last season, not saying we were poor think theres plenty to be positive about but i think if we carry on as we have been yeovil have a slightly better chance of getting something

Just gonna quote myself, really dissapointed that we didnt adapt all game. We shouldnt have even needed to adapt as we werent really playing a way that suited our own players. Yeovil werent particularly quick to close us down, looked in trouble the few times we actualy played some neat little passes around their box.

No longer a case of the results will come, we need to be much much better, and be able to try something different when its not working
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
Maringer
September 1, 2018, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Not really as bad as some seem to think. We played some good stuff at times but not regularly enough and didn't have a plan B. No out ball as they won everything in the air when we put the ball forward (which we certainly did too much).

Yeovil much, much pacier than us as shown by their subs who caused us problems but I'd say poor defending led to the goal as two defenders stood right off their player. Good shot, however. Truth be told, I thought Hendrie looked a bit ragged by that point. I think his fitness will improve as he plays.

That said, Macca didn't have a save to make (other than the one he couldn't reach) and Cook should have scored an equaliser with that late chance. Too many wasted passes in the first half especially when we were in decent attacking areas. I think we'll be OK once the new players settle in.

It will be interesting to see where Yeovil finish this season as they look very well set up for this division. Good in the air, athletic and with loads of pacy players. Lack of a really threatening striker probably their main weakness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
denni266
September 1, 2018, 5:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
MJ is being found out now.. full of saying what folk like to hear, but its on the pitch where you will be judged .. I suggest you sit down take off that fine suit put on a managers kit and  and look to see  what position your players play naturally and play them there for a start. either do your job or you will be shown the other side of the fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
Tommy
September 1, 2018, 5:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Yeah that's the answer denni226, Jolley needs to wear a tracksuit instead of a suit. Sure fire way to improve form, that.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
Abdul19
September 1, 2018, 5:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
A Tony Pulis cap and JJ Hooper will turn into Pat Glover

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
denni266
September 1, 2018, 5:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Tommy
Yeah that's the answer denni226, Jolley needs to wear a tracksuit instead of a suit. Sure fire way to improve form, that.

Maby i should have put it differently ... he needs to roll up his sleaves and get stuck in to some looking at where players play for a start . cos it sure is not working at the moment. square pegs in round holes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread: Grimsby Town vs Yeovil Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.