Garth
September 4, 2018, 7:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from golfer
I am waiting for somebody to tell me a FEASIBLE way out,unless there is one then JSF is our only hope of remaining afloat

You do talk a load of shite sometimes on here, possible tongue in cheek, on this one though you are so right, JF calls the shot because no credible alternative exists ATM fact.
A football club with JF in charge to me anyway is better than no club at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 110
denni266
September 4, 2018, 9:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
If what is said by quite a few on here that Fenty and co have not put any money if for a few years and the club is living on its own income , we are never going to go any where living like this without some football fortune from cup runs or selling players. His 2 mill or so is peanuts in football terms but he wont move even if someone came up with the money , as this is his little ego trip. look at me im in charge, If he was a real fan like he says he would walk away for the good of the club and just be a fan. and let someone who wants to push the club forward step up and take over... I am sure if he departed there would be someone come forward . No one will show interest in doing this while he is here as they will know you cannot negotiate with him . At the moment he is sat happy as the virtual owner of a league club that costs him nothing every year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 110
Mighty_Mariner
September 4, 2018, 9:50am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I was told recently that the American Consortium deal fell through because Fenty placed a stipulation in that he would stay as a paid Director at the club and the Americans wanted a clean sweep and to run it themselves.

I don't know how true it is but this person does have connections with the club.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 110
Bigdog
September 4, 2018, 11:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I was told recently that the American Consortium deal fell through because Fenty placed a stipulation in that he would stay as a paid Director at the club and the Americans wanted a clean sweep and to run it themselves.

I don't know how true it is but this person does have connections with the club.

I heard something similar too a good while back, unpaid not paid though, but the breakdown in talks was dressed up at the Fan's Forum as the club insisting on fan representation on the board instead (without consulting the fans by the way).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 110
Ipswin
September 4, 2018, 11:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Bigdog

I heard something similar too a good while back, unpaid not paid though, but the breakdown in talks was dressed up at the Fan's Forum as the club insisting on fan representation on the board instead (without consulting the fans by the way).

If I recall it was not about fan representation on the board but simply about fans retaining shares. The Americans allegedly wanted 100% of all shares

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 110
Cloudy
September 4, 2018, 12:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Ipswin

If I recall it was not about fan representation on the board but simply about fans retaining shares. The Americans allegedly wanted 100% of all shares

That is interesting.

Wouldnt that decision be down to the individual shareholders? i.e. if they wanted to sell?
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 110
Bigdog
September 4, 2018, 12:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Ipswin

I stand corrected Swin..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 110
dicko995
September 4, 2018, 12:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Ive just come on to read about Ben Pringle,and as usual with the forum, it goes astray leading to slanging matches between you lot on completely different topics. Why cant we just stick to the topic title and discuss solely that. Nearly every bloody topic is turned into something else other than the intention of what it should be. Don't care about red crosses, its always expected on here now, just wish u lot would stick to the topic stated, end of rant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 110
Father Christmas
September 4, 2018, 12:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Quoted from dicko995
Ive just come on to read about Ben Pringle,and as usual with the forum, it goes astray leading to slanging matches between you lot on completely different topics. Why cant we just stick to the topic title and discuss solely that. Nearly every bloody topic is turned into something else other than the intention of what it should be. Don't care about red crosses, its always expected on here now, just wish u lot would stick to the topic stated, end of rant.

If you class that as a rant you have never lived
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 110
Cloudy
September 4, 2018, 1:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from dicko995

Could you please keep on topic
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ben Pringle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.