12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
September 3, 2018, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I read today that Pringle's immediate availabity is compromised by his relative lack of fitness, and that it will take him several weeks to get fully up to speed. Also, Embleton is away on U20's international duty for a while too so also won't be available.

Thomas not back until after Bury, but could play in the checkatrade...

We might have to soldier on until we see the impactof these players. Maybe well into the Autumn or 10 or more games in. Just hope we aren't in a bottom 4 position when they finally join the party as it will heap on the pressure to be immediate game changers.

What keeps me hopeful is Jolley. I do have faith in him in a way I just didn't with Slade.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 110
Bigdog
September 3, 2018, 6:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from golfer
I am waiting for somebody to tell me a FEASIBLE way out,unless there is one then JSF is our only hope of remaining afloat

Here's me thinking it was the responsibility of the board to go out and attract inward investment and directors to advance the club and also relocate us from BP. Didn't realise it had been passed onto the fans like everything else that is wrong with the club has. With the aid of any accountant, ANYBODY could be doing the job the board are doing at the moment and most would have a better idea in how to engage the public of NE Lincs. There isn't a feasible way out because JF wants far too much money for a personal project that he's spunked his own money up the wall on and wants it back. He's also spunked a lot of the club's money away too over the years. Again, sorry for not seeing things right and misunderstanding that the millstone that JF has put on the club is everyone else's responsibility. He must be pissing his pants reading some of these threads of fans discussing how much the state of the club is in is their faults and how it's their responsibility to sort it out. Because there doesn't look to be a feasible way out from a fan's point of view, it certainly doesn't make the stranglehold Jf has engineered for himself right and it certainly doesn't mean that fans can't be angry or pisssed off about it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 110
lew chaterleys lover
September 3, 2018, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Les Brechin

Well done for trying to get the thread back on-topic anyway.

Pringle = budget needed to get him = man who overseas budget = Fenty.

How is that off topic?
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 110
hheh2
September 3, 2018, 6:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
I am not worried about our current form, its early days and have full faith we can have a decent season. New team New surroundings takes time.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 110
mariner91
September 3, 2018, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from golfer
I am waiting for somebody to tell me a FEASIBLE way out,unless there is one then JSF is our only hope of remaining afloat

This is a nonsense. Stay afloat? The only money we owe to anyone is to Fenty so unless he decides to take his toys home then that's not likely to make us go under. And he's hardly likely to put the club in that position is he? He'd never be able to show his face in his home town again.

We could survive just as well with our current levels of "success" without Fenty and the board. You could argue we might even do a little better as they've done such an abject job. I'm not saying we'd shoot up the leagues but the board haven't put any money in for over five years now so it's quite clear that we are capable of surviving without them. People will now argue that there isn't anybody else to run the club but it's not as though they've run it with any expertise is it? They've virtually run it into the ground in the 15+ years they've been in charge.

Anyone who thinks Fenty is the only thing "keeping us afloat" is stark raving mad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 110
lew chaterleys lover
September 3, 2018, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from golfer

I think Fenty hasn't actually put money in for some years, according to those in the know on here, but he seems to be like an insurance policy in that he would cover any shortfall if the need ever arose.

It seems we owe him some loans back, which he said are benign, so unless I am missing something what is he bringing to the party apart from being a sort of insurance policy? Not very proactive that, is it?

We the fans have put far more money in than Fenty ever has during his time in the hot seat, and of course we don't want it back.

We need to be successful for him to get his money back asap, which is one of the many reasons I am hoping Jolley can turn it around.  
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 110
MuddyWaters
September 3, 2018, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from hheh2
I am not worried about our current form, its early days and have full faith we can have a decent season. New team New surroundings takes time.

Have we built a stadium? Fucksake - 20 odd years I've waited and I've missed it!
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 110
lew chaterleys lover
September 3, 2018, 10:00pm
Vodka Drinker

Pringle = budget needed to get him = man who overseas budget = Fenty.

How is that off topic?

Unless you want us to talk earnestly about a player we don't know, have never seen play or if we have didn't notice; we could talk about his hair or marital status I suppose if we copy and paste stuff from the internet. We could guess at how he might perform, but of course we don't know if he will play, what position he will play or whose place he will take.

Off topic would be if we started talking politics or art wouldn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 110
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2018, 10:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

He could write off the debt and resign from the board.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 110
MuddyWaters
September 3, 2018, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from golfer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRVTNsp2gs
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ben Pringle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.