4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
August 31, 2018, 11:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Only seen vernam once and that was at the Crawley away debacle last season and that was enough make me think he needs to start every game . Jolley looks to be building a young team with a few older heads in each department.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
louth_in_the_south
August 31, 2018, 11:53pm

Exile
Russell

Hendrie
Whitmore
Famewo
Fox

Rose M
Welsh

Hess
Embleton
Vernam

Cook

4-2-3-1

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Sussexmariner
September 1, 2018, 12:27am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Russell

Hendrie
Whitmore
Famewo
Fox

Rose M
Welsh

Hess
Embleton
Vernam

Cook

4-2-3-1

I’m not the only one then that thinks dropping Macca won’t make the team any worse, 3 mistakes already this season, needs to be pushed for the No:1 slot before he takes it for granted.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
lukeo
September 1, 2018, 8:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Macca may have made 3 mistake but he has made what is class as atleast 3 or 4 World class saves.
Regards Vernam, see him a few times last time he was here, I'm confused as to why he isn't played and would love to see him play from the off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
September 1, 2018, 9:03am
Guest User
Quoted from CatchOfTheDay

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Cook’s goal against MK come from Woolford’s right footed shot coming in from the right hand side?

Only after he massively fluffed a similar, if not easier chance a few minutes earlier as he cut inside instead of hitting it with his right foot!
Reply: 24 - 30
Mikey_345
September 1, 2018, 9:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,271
Gold Stars: 95
Drop Macca?? Have a day off!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
louth_in_the_south
September 1, 2018, 9:29am

Exile
Quoted from Mikey_345
Drop Macca?? Have a day off!

Should’ve done much better for that free kick last week. It wasn’t well struck or into the corner . You could see the wall looking at him thinking how did that go in . Goal at mK and the og v fgr were also partly his fault so it’s not just a 1 off . He does redeem himself with some brilliant saves which earn us points without doubt so it’s a difficult one .
We do now have a decent number 2 instead of a rookie kid to push him so perhaps it’s time to use Russell . It’s not as though he’s a Warrington who retired years ago .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
jimgtfc
September 1, 2018, 9:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
A little bit shocked at the John Welsh comments. I appreciate it’s all about opinions but for me he’s the type of midfielder we’ve badly needed for years. He’s not going to be a box to box midfielder spraying 50 yard passes all over the place, but he sits deep, offers protection to the back four and intercepts countless balls into the opposing striker. I don’t agree that he only tackles due to being too far upfield, it’s called reading the game. A few of his challenges get the crowd going as well. A midfield of Welsh sitting behind Hessenthaler and Pringle is potentially the best engine room we’ve had for well over a decade.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
toontown
September 1, 2018, 9:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Surely Pringle is a wide left midfielder isn't he, not a CM?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
September 1, 2018, 10:34am
Guest User
Quoted from jimgtfc
A little bit shocked at the John Welsh comments. I appreciate it’s all about opinions but for me he’s the type of midfielder we’ve badly needed for years. He’s not going to be a box to box midfielder spraying 50 yard passes all over the place, but he sits deep, offers protection to the back four and intercepts countless balls into the opposing striker. I don’t agree that he only tackles due to being too far upfield, it’s called reading the game. A few of his challenges get the crowd going as well. A midfield of Welsh sitting behind Hessenthaler and Pringle is potentially the best engine room we’ve had for well over a decade.

I'm not having a go at the lad. I want him to do well, but I don't think he's started particularly brilliantly. He has given the ball away and for me, he has looked off the pace a little bit. It's easy to overlook flaws when you have this midfield monster smashing into people, going in a hundred percent committed and I like that as well! But IMO he has looked a little bit leggy, his distribution hasn't been great. Maybe his age is catching him up, maybe he'll pick up. I hope it's the latter and he leads us to promotion.
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Yeovil

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.