4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
August 26, 2018, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from rancido

In football you can never guarantee success , just put the odds in your favour. I don't know much about Notts C set up but I would imagine Nolan brought in players during the summer to fit in with a game plan he had for the season. Take that manager away, bring in a different one and those plans are instantly thrown out the window. Unless the new manager buys into the previous ones philosophy then you have a set of players who might not suit the new ones playing style.

I too can only go along with what I see and read of their season but after 5 games you must show something, even the smallest glimmer that things are pulling around. But for one of the seasons favourites to concede 16 goals in the opening 5 games is rather concerning and possibly suggests that, as you mention, the manager and players are not buying into each other's ways at all and pulling the plug this quickly was right for once.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
jonnyboy82
August 26, 2018, 11:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Bye.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
buckstown
August 26, 2018, 11:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
I think it depends on why they're losing. If it's because he's upset the players better to get rid early, even though it's only four games. They recruited well in my opinion and should be doing ok in league 2
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
oldun
August 26, 2018, 12:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I thought Kellett looked very good when he played here last season. However we have recruited well in midfield, just a pity we have lost Whitehouse,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
conocoloco
August 26, 2018, 1:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +30
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Ex town defender Steve Chettle has been placed as one of the caretaker managers. Interesting that he was only appointed full time first team coach last week too.

With relegated players such as Kellett and Dennis from Chesterfield, the recruitment was all wrong. He was well respected as a captain on the field and had some ex colleagues playing for him last season such as Alan Smith and Shola Ameobi. With these now gone, he may not command the respect he did last season.

Good observation!

Looking at authority and respect as a sliding scale, a reduction wouldn't take long to be evident on the pitch. I think the decisive nature of the sacking would suggest this. A board would allow time for tactical development and evolution, loss of authority would be treated more urgently.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
chaos33
August 26, 2018, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from ginnywings
You don't get long in the modern game, especially if the club has chucked a load of money at it.

Which probably accounts for why Slade was given an age - our board haven't caught up with 'the modern game' yet, and we'd certainly not 'chucked money at it'.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
Helgy
August 26, 2018, 3:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Very disjointed County team had a shaky enough back four but RB & CH went off injured 1st half.
Lost too many good players the lad on loan from Forest carried them and they were ordinary without him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
moosey_club
August 26, 2018, 4:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Hardly suprising, they were dog poo under Nolan, awful Allardyce esque style of play , in our games last season they looked terrible IMO....only won 8 of the last 28 league games so its not just about the 4/5 games this season.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
Hagrid
August 26, 2018, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Maybe they’ll go for slade
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
August 26, 2018, 9:11pm
Guest User
Awful style of football. Good investment, absolutely terrible results after four games. It's clear they were in a mess already. They've made the change at the right time, that or the could have gone 26 games without a win, then appointed Neil Woods. Right change, hoofball is hopefully dead and for a good reason.
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County sack Nolan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.