Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 352 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,604 views. Print
79 Pages Prev ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
September 22, 2018, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
This option would;

limit potential profit for the club from any enabling developments
limit potential profit for landowners who would be selling to enable PP to go ahead (there are rumours about close connections with the current land owners and certain members of our board)
limit future profit for the club as we would probably not be able to pocket all income
probably wouldnt allow for 2m worth of loans to be recouped

That is why JF doesnt want to get involved...and i can understand that, i really can. Being a tenant only in such a scheme is a vulnerable position to be in. ........however........when you dont have a pot to p1ss in because you havnt got the money to do it yourself and you have proved for over 20yrs you cant do it yourself .... then maybe it is time to swallow a bit of pride, act with dignity and at least look at the potential gift horse....even if not fully in the mouth yet.

C'mon JF ....What if we promise to name any new approach road  Fenty Way ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 630 - 789
moosey_club
September 22, 2018, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was the idiocy of the 'bedroom tax' that did for the flats? Might be mistaken but I thought that the additional bedroom in the flats made them too expensive for many.

The flats were fcked....needed too much investment to bring them fully upto standards as opposed to the potential payback given their limited life expectancy. Not viable.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 631 - 789
marinerjase
September 22, 2018, 1:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,636
Gold Stars: 147
If John Fenty had any balls he’d give up his safe seat in Humberston  and New Waltham and stand for election in the East Marsh or West Marsh. Never happen..why? Because he’s not what he thinks he is. He’s a power crazy egotistical plonker who can’t stand anyone who doesn’t do/say/agree with his thoughts and opinions. He’s running the club into the ground week by week, shattering its long term reputation, the supporters have been treat like crap, any opportunity of progression has come and gone. He’s all about his own status, always has been - always will be. A new ground won’t happen under his tenure as he wants full control, and adulation thereafter. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee - that lot down the A46 have left us standing - not only off the pitch but mainly off it.  

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 632 - 789
Grim74
September 22, 2018, 1:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I can see where Fenty is coming from regarding the flats I thought they were an iconic part of the landscape giving serving much need accommodation. Anyone slagging the flats off as a place to live is just a snob. I’ve been in many many of the flats and some of them were very well looked after, I even went in one that was interior designed and was beautiful inside. There were some were you would wipe your feet on the out but that speaks more about the people than the actual flats. And as for the views anywhere from 9 floors up were amazing the kind of view you’d pay a few hundred thousand for at the point in Cleethorpes at least.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for the demolishment if it means quality re-generation because I’d hate to see the flats replaced with loads of these cheap social housing new builds.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 633 - 789
moosey_club
September 22, 2018, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
I can see where Fenty is coming from regarding the flats I thought they were an iconic part of the landscape giving serving much need accommodation. Anyone slagging the flats off as a place to live is just a snob. I’ve been in many many of the flats and some of them were very well looked after, I even went in one that was interior designed and was beautiful inside. There were some were you would wipe your feet on the out but that speaks more about the people than the actual flats. And as for the views anywhere from 9 floors up were amazing the kind of view you’d pay a few hundred thousand for at the point in Cleethorpes at least.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for the demolishment if it means quality re-generation because I’d hate to see the flats replaced with loads of these cheap social housing new builds.

Quite literally a Grenfell waiting to happen. It wasnt that long ago that the flats were considered for external cladding as a solution to fight just one of the problems the flats had..damp/condensation.  Having been in and worked in just about every single one of those flats i agree they were a decent size, decent layout and the majority were well kept inside, Nelson Hse as an old folks block with carpets throughout and communal lounges was a decent concept and loved by those living there.
However the lack of gardens and single bedroom sizes to half the flats meant that the demand was limited, restrictions on letting policy were also lifted and eventually the standard of tenant went downhill making some of the blocks pretty much drug ghetto's.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 634 - 789
lew chaterleys lover
September 22, 2018, 2:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from marinerjase
If John Fenty had any balls he’d give up his safe seat in Humberston  and New Waltham and stand for election in the East Marsh or West Marsh. Never happen..why? Because he’s not what he thinks he is. He’s a power crazy egotistical plonker who can’t stand anyone who doesn’t do/say/agree with his thoughts and opinions. He’s running the club into the ground week by week, shattering its long term reputation, the supporters have been treat like crap, any opportunity of progression has come and gone. He’s all about his own status, always has been - always will be. A new ground won’t happen under his tenure as he wants full control, and adulation thereafter. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee - that lot down the A46 have left us standing - not only off the pitch but mainly off it.  

Thats my post of the week!
Private Message
Reply: 635 - 789
Grim74
September 23, 2018, 12:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Took the kids to the indoor skate park yesterday and the owner was telling me that they’d had some one in all ready,  asking them to sign a petition against a future football stadium. Got to be a Lib Dem with shares in the pea bung!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 636 - 789
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 23, 2018, 12:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Surely the pea bung along with all the other drinkeries and eateries in the area will make a mint on match days.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 637 - 789
Grim74
September 23, 2018, 12:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
I might be wrong but I’d of thought that the pea bung was one of the few businesses that already does well down there. It always looks busy at the weekend anyway and the times I’ve been over the last year I’ve always had to wait for a table.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 638 - 789
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 24, 2018, 6:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Good read from Nigel Lowther with regards to this on the telegraph website.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....verybody-2034491.amp

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 639 - 789
79 Pages Prev ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.