Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 348 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,607 views. Print
79 Pages Prev ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 21, 2018, 9:20pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193

By the time the new stadium gets the go ahead I reckon technology will have given us give us the ability to get transported by beam to home games, same as Star Trek.......beam me up Scotty

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 610 - 789
Mrs Doyle
September 22, 2018, 4:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from moosey_club

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-great-again-ambitious-multi-231660

Over 8,800 new jobs and nearly 10,000 new homes will be delivered in Greater Grimsby thanks to a new, ground-breaking Stage 1 Town Deal worth £67 million.
Published 5 July 2018

Over 8,800 new jobs and nearly 10,000 new homes will be delivered in Greater Grimsby thanks to a new, ground-breaking Stage 1 Town Deal worth £67 million, the government announced today

Local Growth Minister, Jake Berry MP and Business Minister, Lord Henley, unveiled the new Stage 1 Town Deal partnership with the Greater Grimsby Project Board while visiting the Marine Operating Centre in Grimsby and seeing first-hand some of the transformative projects the Deal will help deliver.

The Stage 1 Town Deal marks the beginning of a stronger relationship between central government and local partners to support the regeneration of Greater Grimsby.

The Deal will give Grimsby major investment to improve key roads and establish Enterprise Zones which will attract and support businesses to the area increasing further investment and employment. One example of this is Ørsted, who are building the UK’s largest operations base for offshore wind at Grimsby’s Royal Dock providing a total of 350 jobs for local people.

The new Stage 1 Town Deal recognises the government’s commitment in the Industrial Strategy white paper to work hand-in-hand with local communities which have strong local partnerships, ambition, and a commitment to regenerate their areas. It will provide:

£2 million more to the area from the government’s local growth fund¹ to support major road improvements to Moody Lane and Woad Lane that connect to key South Humber Industrial Investment Programme Enterprise Zone sites

a further £65 million of investment already being provided by North East Lincolnshire council (£35 million) and government (£30 million) to support the regeneration plans for Greater Grimsby

government expertise and support including through Homes England and Historic England’s Heritage Action Zone initiative to help develop the housing and town centre with a focus on heritage-led regeneration and the development of the South Humber Industrial Investment Programme sites

These interventions will help accelerate the delivery of jobs and new homes set out in the council’s adopted local plan (PDF, 3.15 MB), which set out ambitious targets for 8,800 jobs and over 9,700 new homes by 2032.

The Greater Grimsby Project Board, under the leadership of David Ross and North East Lincolnshire Council, brought together local MPs, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and leaders from the public and private sectors to develop a vision for Greater Grimsby’s future which successfully secured the Town Deal announced today.

Wouldn't it be great if all these groups could forget political allegiances and differences and join together for the greater good of this town? There are many sites like former Scatho baths, Western school that have yet to be developed but things are happening Birdseye,  The old leaking boot site, old lynsey school? to build new homes and in the school's case new use.

Perhaps things could be changing for the better and a for once the false dawn realised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 611 - 789
arryarryarry
September 22, 2018, 4:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Grim74
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/lets-make-happen-council-leader-2026342

Love the virtual view in the telegraph with the dock tower in the background. I think at long last we have real plans are in motion.

Although I can’t help thinking the graphic make up of the stadium which looks awesome will be nothing like, a bit like a macdonalds Big Mac.

Erm, didn't we have that back in 1995 when Bill Carr anounced the new ground would be at Great Coates.
Private Message
Reply: 612 - 789
barralad
September 22, 2018, 8:06am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from moosey_club

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-great-again-ambitious-multi-231660

Over 8,800 new jobs and nearly 10,000 new homes will be delivered in Greater Grimsby thanks to a new, ground-breaking Stage 1 Town Deal worth £67 million.
Published 5 July 2018

Over 8,800 new jobs and nearly 10,000 new homes will be delivered in Greater Grimsby thanks to a new, ground-breaking Stage 1 Town Deal worth £67 million, the government announced today

Local Growth Minister, Jake Berry MP and Business Minister, Lord Henley, unveiled the new Stage 1 Town Deal partnership with the Greater Grimsby Project Board while visiting the Marine Operating Centre in Grimsby and seeing first-hand some of the transformative projects the Deal will help deliver.

The Stage 1 Town Deal marks the beginning of a stronger relationship between central government and local partners to support the regeneration of Greater Grimsby.

The Deal will give Grimsby major investment to improve key roads and establish Enterprise Zones which will attract and support businesses to the area increasing further investment and employment. One example of this is Ørsted, who are building the UK’s largest operations base for offshore wind at Grimsby’s Royal Dock providing a total of 350 jobs for local people.

The new Stage 1 Town Deal recognises the government’s commitment in the Industrial Strategy white paper to work hand-in-hand with local communities which have strong local partnerships, ambition, and a commitment to regenerate their areas. It will provide:

£2 million more to the area from the government’s local growth fund¹ to support major road improvements to Moody Lane and Woad Lane that connect to key South Humber Industrial Investment Programme Enterprise Zone sites

a further £65 million of investment already being provided by North East Lincolnshire council (£35 million) and government (£30 million) to support the regeneration plans for Greater Grimsby

government expertise and support including through Homes England and Historic England’s Heritage Action Zone initiative to help develop the housing and town centre with a focus on heritage-led regeneration and the development of the South Humber Industrial Investment Programme sites

These interventions will help accelerate the delivery of jobs and new homes set out in the council’s adopted local plan (PDF, 3.15 MB), which set out ambitious targets for 8,800 jobs and over 9,700 new homes by 2032.

The Greater Grimsby Project Board, under the leadership of David Ross and North East Lincolnshire council, brought together local MPs, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and leaders from the public and private sectors to develop a vision for Greater Grimsby’s future which successfully secured the Town Deal announced today.

Thanks for this...so it is one pot of money. Not being Ross's biggest fan I looked up the nature of this plan. What surprised me was that (and I'd forgotten it) there is already an outline plan for the regeneration of Freemo involving houses/retail blocks open spaces and even a new school. This has got a deal of support out there and the council could have another problem image wise if they try to change that. I also didn't realise that £35m of the investment money is being provided by the council making it IMO even more unlikely that GTFC will be "given" any ownership rights on the basis that it is ultimately council tax payers money...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 613 - 789
KingstonMariner
September 22, 2018, 8:31am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

Thanks for this...so it is one pot of money. Not being Ross's biggest fan I looked up the nature of this plan. What surprised me was that (and I'd forgotten it) there is already an outline plan for the regeneration of Freemo involving houses/retail blocks open spaces and even a new school. This has got a deal of support out there and the council could have another problem image wise if they try to change that. I also didn't realise that £35m of the investment money is being provided by the council making it IMO even more unlikely that GTFC will be "given" any ownership rights on the basis that it is ultimately council tax payers money...

Yep, in effect only £30m of the money is coming from central government. The £35m from the council will just be a loan that central government is now letting them take out! A drop in the Ocean compared to the £365m a week Boris, Gove and Farage promised.

The sums talked about don't sound a massive amount of money. If the new stadium is to come out of that pot it only leaves £40-45m for the other things.

Isn't there also a plan to relocate all the council offices to one new site in the Freemo area or did I read that wrong? Presumably the cost of that will be ring-fenced and largely funded by sale of existing sites and savings in operating costs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 614 - 789
Ipswin
September 22, 2018, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Fenty has spoken after months of much appreciated silence.

Just read in the Telewag that Fenty is not as keen on Freemo as us lot and that all 'sites are still under consideration' including Peakes Parkway

Just need to exhume Great Coates and we're back 20 years - again!

Apparently he doesn't want the club to 'stick its head in the sand' !

Isn't that what its been doing for the last fifteen years?

No chance of a new ground this century, it'll never happen

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 615 - 789
lee65
September 22, 2018, 9:41am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Civvy at last

So have I missed something.

Does that now mean that the Conoco/Great Coates plan is now definitely not going ahead ?? !!!

I still have my hat to wear at the opening  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 616 - 789
ska face
September 22, 2018, 10:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Let’s not forget that John Fenty is a Tory, so has absolutely ZERO interest in anything that will benefit the town, fans and community over his own personal gain.

That much should be clear from the way he’s run the club in the last 15 years.
Private Message
Reply: 617 - 789
Cloudy
September 22, 2018, 10:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I see JF was against the knocking down of the high rise flats!

What planet is he on?
Private Message
Reply: 618 - 789
Vance Warner
September 22, 2018, 10:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Cloudy
I see JF was against the knocking down of the high rise flats!

What planet is he on?

I've given up trying to understand how his mind works. A new stadium down Freemo might just be what we need to attract outside investment to put an end to his appalling tenure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 619 - 789
79 Pages Prev ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.