Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 171 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,154 views. Print
79 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner16
August 26, 2018, 10:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 4
Didn't someone say something at the recent Mariners Trust Q and A with the team management that something was close to coming out about the ground but not his place to say - I think it was Jolley himself? Anyone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 789
oldun
August 26, 2018, 10:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Good news for Cottees bar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 789
gaz57
August 26, 2018, 10:45am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from oldun
Good news for Cottees bar

Not if they knock it down for training pitches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 789
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2018, 10:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from pen penfras

I take it you're going to step forward and share your all encompassing genius with the club? I assume, since you are clearly a business expert, that you also have great wealth, so I and the rest of the supporters thank you in advance for donating the funds and knowledge required to deliver this stadium.

Well I and many supporters would just like to see a transparent statement from the people who have promised a stadium at Peaks Parkway updating supporters on progress made. Mr Fenty said some time ago - and I wholeheartedly agree with him - that the club cannot survive if it continues to stay at BP - these are his words. What's going on? Something? Nothing?

An honest and frank update on where we stand, please!
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 789
Northbank Mariner
August 26, 2018, 10:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Where do Youngs fit into this?....they use the image of the amazing dock tower on their packaging, would have thought they'd at least dip into their wealth, pay for naming rights and show how much this town and it's people mean to it as a company...hat's off to then for constantly being the clubs main sponsor but think an investment into our new "community" stadium would be greatly received and appreciated...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 789
Gaffer58
August 26, 2018, 10:54am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Probably someone from the Trust could clarify the situation, after all they do have a place on the board, so I assume are kept upto date on what's happening, and are there as a representative of the fans, unless of course they are sworn to secrecy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 789
lew chaterleys lover
August 26, 2018, 11:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from pen penfras

I take it you're going to step forward and share your all encompassing genius with the club? I assume, since you are clearly a business expert, that you also have great wealth, so I and the rest of the supporters thank you in advance for donating the funds and knowledge required to deliver this stadium.

Talk about missing the point completely!

His track record is demonstrably pathetic, both in delivering the stadium and indeed everything else, on and off the pitch.

Like everyone else I have faced challenges and made mistakes in my own life, under my own set of circumstances, but this is a GTFC forum and I am replying to a thread about the new stadium at PP being dead in the water.

I do not need to be a financial wizzard, or a planning officer, or a wealthy businessman to comment on the rather obvious conclusion that Fenty hasn't got enough money that he is prepared to spend, nor the attitudes required to get other people on board to make anything happen, let alone a new stadium.

I was in business; I have talked to many business people who have had dealings with Mr. Fenty and their opinions are invariably negative.

You can be cocky, arrogant and dismissive if you have a great track record... I think more humility and less hubris would serve the Fenty and his acolytes well.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 789
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2018, 11:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

Talk about missing the point completely!

His track record is demonstrably pathetic, both in delivering the stadium and indeed everything else, on and off the pitch.

Like everyone else I have faced challenges and made mistakes in my own life, under my own set of circumstances, but this is a GTFC forum and I am replying to a thread about the new stadium at PP being dead in the water.

I do not need to be a financial wizzard, or a planning officer, or a wealthy businessman to comment on the rather obvious conclusion that Fenty hasn't got enough money that he is prepared to spend, nor the attitudes required to get other people on board to make anything happen, let alone a new stadium.

I was in business; I have talked to many business people who have had dealings with Mr. Fenty and their opinions are invariably negative.

You can be cocky, arrogant and dismissive if you have a great track record... I think more humility and less hubris would serve the Fenty and his acolytes well.

Too right.

Obviously pen penfras speaks for the board in some way and, as per normal, the tone is 'well come & do better'. Well we can't, because we are not directors of Grimsby Town Football Club!

It might sometimes be useful for the board to see things from a fan's perspective. We have been promised a new stadium for 20 years or so, we've been told that the club can't continue to survive financially at BP, in November 2014 we were told that we would be in a new stadium within 5 years. Well, you've got 15 months!

Nothing from the board, nothing from Extreme, not even a peep from the council.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 789
golfer
August 26, 2018, 11:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
If we re-locate to Freeman Street we could always move the druggies,shop lifters etc to Peaks Parkway. It's only fare that they will be able to share into the benefits of being able to buy dodgy baccy at their local newsagent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 789
Mariner Ronnie
August 26, 2018, 12:26pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from gaz57

Not if they knock it down for training pitches.

I’m guessing it’s listed, the white knight and white bear on the other hand 😓

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 789
79 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.