Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 94 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,660 views. Print
79 Pages Prev ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 21, 2018, 11:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from moosey_club

So is the funding that is being talked about tied in with the David Ross consortium plans ?

Government money

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-44727357
Private Message
Reply: 590 - 789
barralad
September 21, 2018, 1:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from marinerdazza

Genuine question as an exile, and given the number of times governments of every colour go back on promises, does anyone know if the council has seen any of this grant money yet, or if it is protected in anyway?

The only way I can see this going off the rails now is if the grant is retracted somehow.

You can never say absolutely that it will happen but the council need to put forward detailed plans at which time the money should start to come through.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 591 - 789
Mighty_Mariner
September 21, 2018, 1:56pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

So is the funding that is being talked about tied in with the David Ross consortium plans ?

Have I missed something? What David Ross consortium plans? 🤔

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 592 - 789
moosey_club
September 21, 2018, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Have I missed something? What David Ross consortium plans? 🤔

He is involved in the Great Grimsby Partnership (?) group that IIRC where behind the regeneration plan....paths from Riverhead to Kasbah, housing, business development etc through Riverhead /Alexandra Dock etc that required 37m from the government , which this funding was for wasn't it ?

Cant recall there being scope in that package to help GTFC fund a stadium ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 593 - 789
barralad
September 21, 2018, 2:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from moosey_club

He is involved in the Great Grimsby Partnership (?) group that IIRC where behind the regeneration plan....paths from Riverhead to Kasbah, housing, business development etc through Riverhead /Alexandra Dock etc that required 37m from the government , which this funding was for wasn't it ?

Cant recall there being scope in that package to help GTFC fund a stadium ?  

It's all very confusing but I THINK Ross's consortium are involved in the separate pot of funding from the Coastal Communities fund-which includes the controversial changes to Sea View St in Cleethorpes.
This other funding is the so-called Town Deal for which Grimsby are the first receipients in the U.K. The Coastal Communities Fund has been running for a few years. I think the sum involved is a deal over 37 million but I don't think the money from C.C.F. is anywhere near that figure.
I am more than willing to be proven wrong on this tho.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 594 - 789
mimma
September 21, 2018, 4:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
The government money cannot be used to favour a particular business or company. It can only be used to help in regeneration of the area to make it more attractive to investors.

What I am trying to say is, this money cannot be used to fund the stadium but can be used to help with infrastructure, roads, streets and the like, to make it more accessible.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 595 - 789
Cod Cheeks
September 21, 2018, 6:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Let's hope that it's 3rd destination lucky and in my opinion the best.
How better to regenerate the part of town that needs it most
A plea to all the decision makers to make this happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 596 - 789
moosey_club
September 21, 2018, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from barralad

It's all very confusing but I THINK Ross's consortium are involved in the separate pot of funding from the Coastal Communities fund-which includes the controversial changes to Sea View St in Cleethorpes.
This other funding is the so-called Town Deal for which Grimsby are the first receipients in the U.K. The Coastal Communities Fund has been running for a few years. I think the sum involved is a deal over 37 million but I don't think the money from C.C.F. is anywhere near that figure.
I am more than willing to be proven wrong on this tho.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-great-again-ambitious-multi-231660

Over 8,800 new jobs and nearly 10,000 new homes will be delivered in Greater Grimsby thanks to a new, ground-breaking Stage 1 Town Deal worth £67 million.
Published 5 July 2018

Over 8,800 new jobs and nearly 10,000 new homes will be delivered in Greater Grimsby thanks to a new, ground-breaking Stage 1 Town Deal worth £67 million, the government announced today

Local Growth Minister, Jake Berry MP and Business Minister, Lord Henley, unveiled the new Stage 1 Town Deal partnership with the Greater Grimsby Project Board while visiting the Marine Operating Centre in Grimsby and seeing first-hand some of the transformative projects the Deal will help deliver.

The Stage 1 Town Deal marks the beginning of a stronger relationship between central government and local partners to support the regeneration of Greater Grimsby.

The Deal will give Grimsby major investment to improve key roads and establish Enterprise Zones which will attract and support businesses to the area increasing further investment and employment. One example of this is Ørsted, who are building the UK’s largest operations base for offshore wind at Grimsby’s Royal Dock providing a total of 350 jobs for local people.

The new Stage 1 Town Deal recognises the government’s commitment in the Industrial Strategy white paper to work hand-in-hand with local communities which have strong local partnerships, ambition, and a commitment to regenerate their areas. It will provide:

£2 million more to the area from the government’s local growth fund¹ to support major road improvements to Moody Lane and Woad Lane that connect to key South Humber Industrial Investment Programme Enterprise Zone sites

a further £65 million of investment already being provided by North East Lincolnshire council (£35 million) and government (£30 million) to support the regeneration plans for Greater Grimsby

government expertise and support including through Homes England and Historic England’s Heritage Action Zone initiative to help develop the housing and town centre with a focus on heritage-led regeneration and the development of the South Humber Industrial Investment Programme sites

These interventions will help accelerate the delivery of jobs and new homes set out in the council’s adopted local plan (PDF, 3.15 MB), which set out ambitious targets for 8,800 jobs and over 9,700 new homes by 2032.

The Greater Grimsby Project Board, under the leadership of David Ross and North East Lincolnshire council, brought together local MPs, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and leaders from the public and private sectors to develop a vision for Greater Grimsby’s future which successfully secured the Town Deal announced today.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 597 - 789
Mrs Doyle
September 21, 2018, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Great piece on look north tonight about the new stadium seems Freeman Street in growing momentum as the favourite site.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 598 - 789
immariner
September 21, 2018, 7:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
This is all very positive and there seems, at last, a massive will from everybody to make this happen. The article on the telegraph even mention ABP being in favour, so it must now be regarded as a cornerstone of the Town Deal if all major stakeholders of the overarching scheme have been in conversation about it. But what about those pesky Freemen? How much of a part do they have in all this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 599 - 789
79 Pages Prev ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.