Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 269 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,649 views. Print
79 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
August 26, 2018, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
So why is he called a complete waste of time by somebody who is always having a go at him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 789
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2018, 8:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from golfer
So why is he called a complete waste of time by somebody who is always having a go at him

Possibly because of articles like this?

https://web.archive.org/web/20.....16-detail/story.html
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 789
KingstonMariner
August 26, 2018, 9:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim74

I was told that a time period has passed and that section of Freemo with all them boarded up shops is now back in the hands of the Freeman’s, so there will be no issues ripping it down.

That would seem plausible- I think the Freehold on most of the land is owned by the Freemen. Anyone know who they are now?

I would love this to be true.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 789
pen penfras
August 26, 2018, 9:13am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
It is a complete waste of time Fenty being a relatively rich man, it really is. He hasn't got enough money to be able to do something about a new stadium and he hasn't got the business acumen to be the catalyst for it either.

He is a complete waste of time.

His only hope is that the council pay for it as part of their regeneration plans for Freeman Street, and if that pipe dream ever came about I think we can rule out a league 2 version of the new White Hart Lane.

I take it you're going to step forward and share your all encompassing genius with the club? I assume, since you are clearly a business expert, that you also have great wealth, so I and the rest of the supporters thank you in advance for donating the funds and knowledge required to deliver this stadium.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 789
golfer
August 26, 2018, 9:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
I know 3 or 4 and you would be very surprised or maybe not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 789
KingstonMariner
August 26, 2018, 9:20am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

I take it you're going to step forward and share your all encompassing genius with the club? I assume, since you are clearly a business expert, that you also have great wealth, so I and the rest of the supporters thank you in advance for donating the funds and knowledge required to deliver this stadium.

The point he’s making is that Fenty has achieved naff all in respect of the stadium. I’d add that he’s achieved naff all at the club all round. In fact we’re worse off.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 789
Maringer
August 26, 2018, 9:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That would seem plausible- I think the Freehold on most of the land is owned by the Freemen. Anyone know who they are now?

I would love this to be true.

Don't know who the Freemen are these days but I wouldn't expect it to be cheap if they do have the Freehold. My Mum inherited a terrace house in the West Marsh from an elderly relative about 15 or so years ago and had to pay the Freemen an absolute fortune for the freehold before she could sell it. About a third of the value of the house if I remember correctly. When you consider the ground rent was practically pennies, it was an absolute con job. Same with all freehold sales these days, I understand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 789
moosey_club
August 26, 2018, 9:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Maringer

Don't know who the Freemen are these days but I wouldn't expect it to be cheap if they do have the Freehold. My Mum inherited a terrace house in the West Marsh from an elderly relative about 15 or so years ago and had to pay the Freemen an absolute fortune for the freehold before she could sell it. About a third of the value of the house if I remember correctly. When you consider the ground rent was practically pennies, it was an absolute con job. Same with all freehold sales these days, I understand.

Freeholds are complicated and can be expensive regardless of who owns it....the less time left ...the higher the price.

Anything less than 25 yrs and the price shoots up as they know you would struggle to sell the property without it,  as any mortgage lenders wouldn't see it as a secure asset.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 789
Badger57
August 26, 2018, 10:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
I think it’s a cracking idea, I’ll probably be in the minority though 🙂.

The area isn’t in great shape at the minute and it’ll give it one heck of a boost.

Might go out and buy the white knight, might be worth it. Anyone used to drink in there?

I was addicted to video games when they first came out. Missile Command was my favourite and I used to go into the White Knight (and other pubs) just to put up the high score!
Sad but true. 🙄

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 789
gaz57
August 26, 2018, 10:25am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
I’m disappointed they haven’t issued us with PP GTFC caps as my Conoco Fuelling Dreams one is on its last legs.

If the latest rumours are true we could have caps with "Make Grimsby great again ". Well the conoco  caps were american.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 789
79 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.