Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 229 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,644 views. Print
79 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
August 25, 2018, 8:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Hearing there is to be an announcement in the next few weeks that the new stadium at PP as been shelved and will now be relocated to Freeman street as part of the Councils regeneration plan. Now I’m one of the biggest sceptics that I know and I’m taking this rumour with a massive pinch of salt even though the person that told me was totally convinced.

So is there anyone that comes on here from the Council or the Club that can quash or confirm this rumour because it’s been a hell of a long time since the last update.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
horsforthmariner
August 25, 2018, 9:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,597
Gold Stars: 9
I've heard that peaks parkway has fallen through, but the club has told the council that unless they pay for a new stadium at Freeman street he'd prefer to stay at Blundell Park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 789
lew chaterleys lover
August 25, 2018, 9:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
It is a complete waste of time Fenty being a relatively rich man, it really is. He hasn't got enough money to be able to do something about a new stadium and he hasn't got the business acumen to be the catalyst for it either.

He is a complete waste of time.

His only hope is that the council pay for it as part of their regeneration plans for Freeman Street, and if that pipe dream ever came about I think we can rule out a league 2 version of the new White Hart Lane.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 789
Gaffer58
August 25, 2018, 9:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I'm sorry but no council is going to pay for a new stadium, unless they rent it to town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 789
ivanosandwich
August 25, 2018, 9:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I've heard that peaks parkway has fallen through, but the club has told the council that unless they pay for a new stadium at Freeman street he'd prefer to stay at Blundell Park

Nicely worded, "the club said", he'd prefer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 789
promotion plaice
August 25, 2018, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194

I find the whole sorry saga depressing now after so many false dawns.

As Fergie said..... "not in my lifetime"  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 789
Marinerz93
August 25, 2018, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I did quite a bit of work in the towers both before and during the time they were paying the tenants to find somewhere else to live. An official who was there one day, I asked him what they had planned for the site. He told me it was going to be for Towns new ground, that was over a year ago when I was told that. As PP was underway I doubted what he said, although I like the idea, unless it is part of a regeneration plan, I can't see where any funding will come from.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 789
lew chaterleys lover
August 25, 2018, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Does this mean he will wait another 10 years till the council give a decision either way before committing himself to giving BP a lick of paint? Obviously the painting to be done by the man himself to save a few bob.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 789
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
It is a complete waste of time Fenty being a relatively rich man, it really is. He hasn't got enough money to be able to do something about a new stadium and he hasn't got the business acumen to be the catalyst for it either.

He is a complete waste of time.

His only hope is that the council pay for it as part of their regeneration plans for Freeman Street, and if that pipe dream ever came about I think we can rule out a league 2 version of the new White Hart Lane.

Just for once, it would be nice to see an honest statement from the club on this. Either we are still trying to get this done or it's fallen through - whoever is reading this, whether you are Messrs Fenty, Marley or Day or the bloke from Extreme, could you please confirm or deny what we all suspect?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 789
Mariner Ronnie

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I think it’s a cracking idea, I’ll probably be in the minority though 🙂.

The area isn’t in great shape at the minute and it’ll give it one heck of a boost.

Might go out and buy the white knight, might be worth it. Anyone used to drink in there?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 789
79 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.