KingstonMariner
August 26, 2018, 9:16am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MrFisherman
The thing that makes me laugh about all the boycott crap about the Checkatrade Trophy that over the last few years theyve changed the format a few times over the years why haven't ppl spat their dummies out before now!!!
Just to finish I'll be there home and away watching Town play in whatever competition it is!!

The boycott’s been in place since they let Prem and Championship teams in (i.e. 2016-17 and 2017-1. That’s the whole point. Before 16-17 Town we’re not eligible to play in it anyway because we weren’t in the League.

Now what planet have you been on whilst all this has been going on and discussed?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
Abdul19
August 26, 2018, 9:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Obviously didn't notice there were only 247 other people at the last match  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
ska face
August 26, 2018, 10:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,560
Gold Stars: 839
The situation as it stands, is what it is. We're in the competition, playing Wallsend Boys Club and whoever else, and that's not going to change. I think there needs to be an easy way for fans to contribute without attending matches (a gofundme page?), which might even attract donations from people who would've never been able to attend the matches anyway (like exiles), but that's not for me to decide.

What we need to be pressing for is a full, transparent review of the last three years of the competition looking at what the competition has achieved against the aims outlined by Shaun Harvey at the outset. These include developing young talent and increasing attendances. This has already been done by The Ugly Game ([url]https://theuglygame.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/harvey-headbanger-the-efl-chief-presses-on-even-though-his-plans-lie-in-ruins/[/url]), so we need the board to outline to fans exactly why they intend to vote the way they do based on this criteria, and not the bullshit & bluster that comes out of the EFL Marketing Department.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
moosey_club
August 26, 2018, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from ska face
The situation as it stands, is what it is. We're in the competition, playing Wallsend Boys Club and whoever else, and that's not going to change. I think there needs to be an easy way for fans to contribute without attending matches (a gofundme page?), which might even attract donations from people who would've never been able to attend the matches anyway (like exiles), but that's not for me to decide.

What we need to be pressing for is a full, transparent review of the last three years of the competition looking at what the competition has achieved against the aims outlined by Shaun Harvey at the outset. These include developing young talent and increasing attendances. This has already been done by The Ugly Game ([url]https://theuglygame.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/harvey-headbanger-the-efl-chief-presses-on-even-though-his-plans-lie-in-ruins/[/url]), so we need the board to outline to fans exactly why they intend to vote the way they do based on this criteria, and not the bullshit & bluster that comes out of the EFL Marketing Department.

JF was quite clear why we voted yes....money.  End of.

Now i understand why ,in black and white, as the clubs major shareholder he thinks about the balance sheet but its the sheer bloody mindedness of how they go about it.
No empathy with supporters, bullying, cutting out the trust over the decision, the awful half @rsed attempt of an expanation once they finally put their hands up and admitted to voting yes,  "we still made money despite the boycott" and all that jazz.

There are ways that the club can still be in the competition, still make the money but get supporters back on board...vote no for a start like the small number of clubs that did originally....being in the competition against our will is alot different to suckling up to Shaun Harvey.  Be at the forefront of alternative ideas for the comp...ie keep the regionalised element but kick out the u-23 teams.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
ska face
August 26, 2018, 10:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,560
Gold Stars: 839
Agree 100%.

My personal view is that Fenty should put his money where his mouth is - he's either interested in the long-term future of this club, or he's interested in getting his loans back.

I'd want him to commit to ensuring the club vote against any proposals involving B-Teams, or he writes off his loans.

How much did Lincoln make through winning the comp, going to Wembley and selling out their ground for most of the competition, £250k? With the stroke of a pen, he could remove 8 times that amount of debt from the balance sheet. Benign or not, he wants it back at some point. That's the equivalent of winning the thing 8 seasons on the bounce and having every penny given to Fenty rather than being invested back into the club. We saw that last season when some revenue went to service shareholder debt.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
forza ivano
August 29, 2018, 1:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
i see this season's competition continues to wow the fans ,who can't keep away

stevenage - swansea last night probably had to start late so they could cope with the 470 who turned up

if only we didn't have a bullying problem i'm sure we could get up to that sort of level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
diehardmariner
August 29, 2018, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,412
Gold Stars: 532
I think this is the last year before Checkatrade review their sponsorship, I believe it's a 3-year deal with the option of a further 2.

Further low interest in this competition will put that option in serious doubt, which in turn effectively kills the competition dead in the water.  Can't imagine any serious businesses coming forward wishing to sponsor this car crash or the FL funding the prize shortfall from their own coffers.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
Hagrid
August 29, 2018, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 529
they've ruined the competition and they've made it a club V Fan occurance, wouldnt go if they paid me. intercourse the EFL and especially Shaun harvey
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
Cloudy
August 29, 2018, 4:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Hagrid
they've ruined the competition and they've made it a club V Fan occurance, wouldnt go if they paid me. intercourse the EFL and especially Shaun harvey

I dont disagree but owners and Chairnen voted for it despite knowing of fan opposition. They voted for a potential short term gain rather than respect for fans and the game
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
Hagrid
August 29, 2018, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from Cloudy

I dont disagree but owners and Chairnen voted for it despite knowing of fan opposition. They voted for a potential short term gain rather than respect for fans and the game

Thats very true
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chuck a trade tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.