HertsGTFC
August 24, 2018, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Exactly. As illustrated here in spades in this extract from the interview [my italics]:

"DB: It was great to see you in black and white again which leads nicely into my final question. If the opportunity arose, would you ever come back to the club?

PA: ‘It’s a hard one to answer just because you just never know what is around the corner. Since I have left the opportunity hasn’t come back up so the decision has been out of my hands. If I say I would love to play there again it puts unnecessary pressure on the new manager from supporters to try re-sign me which is unfair for everyone. Again at the same time I am really really happy at Newport County and things are going really well for me here at the minute. I am also coaching the u16 academy team too as I start my coaching career although I have no intentions of finishing anytime soon. Never say never though. I loved every second of my time at Grimsby Town and the people of Grimsby made me feel very welcome there and also made my family feel very welcome when they were at games too.’ '

If only!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
SuperDan16
August 24, 2018, 11:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +49
Thank you everyone for your kind words regarding the interview, if anyone happens to be friends with any ex-Town players who might be willing to give up an hour of their time to speak to me then please drop me a PM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
BeijingMariner
August 24, 2018, 11:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from SuperDan16
Hi everyone

Just wanted to give our latest article over at Written In Black And White a bit of a plug if possible.

On the eve of our trip to Newport it’s an interview with current Exiles striker and former Town forward Pádraig Amond.

The link for it is here https://writteninbaw.wordpress.com/2018/08/24/the-big-interview-padraig-amond/

Thanks, I hope you enjoy reading it.

Excellent work, well done!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
forza ivano
August 25, 2018, 1:10am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,161
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from SuperDan16
Thank you everyone for your kind words regarding the interview, if anyone happens to be friends with any ex-Town players who might be willing to give up an hour of their time to speak to me then please drop me a PM.

Always thought that wes Parker and Anthony church would be interesting, if slightly left field candidates, for an interview.  Each are Easily  contactable via linked in, obviously intelligent with a modicum of footballing ability, and have seemingly succeeded in their lives. Friend of mine played with wes for several years at Wealdstone and respected him greatly

From Georgia kinkladze to FA cup qualifiers.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
GrimRob
August 25, 2018, 7:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Good interview. Hurst made a total hash of breaking that team up, he left us at the right time really. PA could do a lot better than Newport he's wasted there.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 38
chaos33
August 25, 2018, 9:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from SuperDan16

Pm sent mate

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
KingstonMariner
August 25, 2018, 9:58am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano

From Georgia kinkladze to FA cup qualifiers.......

Sounds like a great name for a footballer's autobiography

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
Ipswin
August 25, 2018, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from SuperDan16

You could have re-signed him while you were at it!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
HertsGTFC
August 25, 2018, 12:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob
Good interview. Hurst made a total hash of breaking that team up, he left us at the right time really. PA could do a lot better than Newport he's wasted there.

Agree he should be at a bigger/better club, The influence of his agent no doubt? Which agent would get a finisher of that quality to sign for Hartlepool FFS? One who likes a brown paper bag I think.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
sam gy
August 25, 2018, 12:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I’d be interested in reading an interview with Peter Handyside if you can track him down!

Seems to be one of the only players from that era who has never attended reunion nights, etc.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pádraig Amond interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.