Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny in for the Cowley`s?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 190 Guests

Scunny in for the Cowley`s?

This thread currently has 13,962 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
August 28, 2018, 9:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,530
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Like his appoinrment will be , a manager on the decline it won’t be long scunny

Do you think?  Lot of Bradford fans I've seen on Twitter seem to think he's an excellent appointment.

McCall's got a very decent track record and looked to have been harshly treat when sacked at Bradford.  In and around the top six for most of the season, failure to back him in the January transfer window and then sacked him at the first sign of a wobble.  Pretty sure they were still in the top six when he got sacked too, a position they didn't come close to reaching for the rest of the season.

Whilst I think Scunny are facing some potential hardship with Swann either pulling the plug or at least wanting to tighten the spending, but this is a good appointment in my eyes.  Especially when you think Steve Cotterill was also linked with the job!
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
marinerdazza
August 28, 2018, 11:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,844
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from diehardmariner

Especially when you think Steve Cotterill was also linked with the job!

Cotterill is a lower league Steve McLaren. Can't believe his name still gets linked with jobs. Of course, I'm aware that Steve McLaren will soon be a lower league Steve McLaren.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
grimsby pete
August 28, 2018, 12:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Cowleys did not want that job they are waiting for the Ipswich job coming available again.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
Impish2
August 28, 2018, 2:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from grimsby pete
Cowleys did not want that job they are waiting for the Ipswich job coming available again.

If they wait long enough and depending how low West Ham go, they may well be in the frame for that job seeing as DC is a Hammers fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
Northbank Mariner
August 28, 2018, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Impish2

If they wait long enough and depending how low West Ham go, they may well be in the frame for that job seeing as DC is a Hammers fan.

Impish2.....with statements,like that you are showing just  how deluded Lincoln fans really are....from Pellegrini to Cowleys,!!???....I don't think so....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 74
Abdul19
August 28, 2018, 4:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,546
Gold Stars: 215
Danny Dyer's a Hammers fan too, maybe they'll take him on as first team coach.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
MarinerDevil
August 28, 2018, 4:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 80
Scunny always seem to pull a good manager out of the hat when they really need one.

Remember back to 2013-14.  They were lower mid-table in League 2 and had just been dumped out of the cup by their non-league local rivals.  The tide was about to finally turn against them.  Until Russ Wilcox went on an unbeaten run to secure promotion back to League 1.  I think we were the last team to beat them that season.  

This will inevitably turn out to be a good appointment.  Tough times will come when Swann finally decides to stop pouring money into a bottomless pit, but the moment when we pass each other on our way to our 'rightful place', long predicted to be just around the corner on here, will have to wait a while longer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
Impish2
August 28, 2018, 5:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Impish2.....with statements,like that you are showing just  how deluded Lincoln fans really are....from Pellegrini to Cowleys,!!???....I don't think so....

So if West Ham got relegated and the Cowleys do up sticks at Lincoln inevitably , you couldn't ever see them manage at the Hammers?

I think they will manage at a high level, they have a 15% better win rate (currently 60%) than one of our highest ever in Graham Taylor, he didn't do too bad after us did he?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 74
Northbank Mariner
August 28, 2018, 6:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Impish2

So if West Ham got relegated and the Cowleys do up sticks at Lincoln inevitably , you couldn't ever see them manage at the Hammers?

I think they will manage at a high level, they have a 15% better win rate (currently 60%) than one of our highest ever in Graham Taylor, he didn't do too bad after us did he?

Seriously, no I cannot...in the same way Buckley never got a job bigger than west brom, which hardly went well..
We proved their weakness quite easily, to me they have notechnical nouse, an inability to change a pattern of play during the game and let's get real, they've done okay with you but I reckon they'll struggle with a bigger club, just like Hurst is with Ipswich....I may be proven wrong but I wouldn't count ya chickens yet, West Ham will always pull a big name as a manager, and for as much as you don't want to hear....the Cowleys are just school teachers done good, can't see them ever getting a go at one of the bigger clubs in any league....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
Gaffer58
August 28, 2018, 7:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31

[/quote]
Well Graham Taylor was a tactical genius, a pupil of the Charles Hughes football school, basically if you lump it into the oppositions penalty area 30 times in a game the percentages say you should score, "do I not like that"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny in for the Cowley`s?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.