Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Isn't this a Grimsby site?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 273 Guests

Isn't this a Grimsby site?

This thread currently has 3,836 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
August 22, 2018, 7:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I see reports about Lincoln this, Cowleys that and Akinde something other. Can we not just forget them and concentrate on ourselves for a change as we genuinely seem to have something exciting this season? Whilst we're at it, can we also include Scunny, Shrewsbury and Ipswich in that original request so it really is a Fishy site, and not some generic one?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
August 22, 2018, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I see Ipswich are struggling.☺️
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Cloudy
August 22, 2018, 8:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from jock dock tower
I see reports about Lincoln this, Cowleys that and Akinde something other. Can we not just forget them and concentrate on ourselves for a change as we genuinely seem to have something exciting this season? Whilst we're at it, can we also include Scunny, Shrewsbury and Ipswich in that original request so it really is a Fishy site, and not some generic one?

Fully agree, before you know it someone will be continually posting about Auchinleck Talbot FC
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Stadium
August 22, 2018, 8:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from jock dock tower

Err it's a internet forum.
I don't think there are any rules around posting non Gtfc news ?
Btw Scunny are struggling.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Gaffer58
August 22, 2018, 8:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
It's a football site, if the subject matter is football then it can be discussed, obviously GTFC is the priority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Stadium
August 22, 2018, 8:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
It's a football site, if the subject matter is football then it can be discussed, obviously GTFC is the priority.

But the rules don't state football is the only subject that can be discussed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
SteffiMariner
August 22, 2018, 8:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Quoted from Stadium

But the rules don't state football is the only subject that can be discussed.

The rules don't matter, I've posted about breaking of rules and got told the constant weekly spamming is just a bit of harmless fun and if I don't like it I shouldn't read it. I'm not sure the same would be said if I posted a weekly picture of some bird in a lower league football top performing some sexual act mind. I'm sure if I used the "don't read it" line I'd still be banned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Stadium
August 22, 2018, 8:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from SteffiMariner

The rules don't matter, I've posted about breaking of rules and got told the constant weekly spamming is just a bit of harmless fun and if I don't like it I shouldn't read it. I'm not sure the same would be said if I posted a weekly picture of some bird in a lower league football top performing some sexual act mind. I'm sure if I used the "don't read it" line I'd still be banned.

When you quote spamming do you mean traffic to your personal email when signing up ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
SteffiMariner
August 22, 2018, 8:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
No spamming by linking a promotional website after every game...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Croxton
August 22, 2018, 8:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Thanks for raising this issue. As a newbie poster last year I was puzzled by the extent of local rivalries and the pages devoted to Lincoln especially. I was a villager and delivered the G.E.T. as a young lad and looked forward to The Saturday Telegraph. In the school holidays, we visited relatives in Gainsborough, Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Grimsby and East Yorkshire. All my children are Yorkies. I find it difficult to get that concerned about our opponents whoever they are. Having said that , I have never been to Stevenage!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Isn't this a Grimsby site?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.