forza ivano
August 23, 2018, 11:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Before I get on to the insightful and revealing bit (this being my 10,000th post, or as we at the newly re-branded Kingston☑️ like to call it, 'Post10k') I have to say I'd not noticed the near 10,000 approval rating before. Sadly 1 point per game is relegation form in most divisions other than in League 2. Must do better.

I thought long and hard about what to say in such a momentous landmark post. I sought advice from others who had reached this milestone, venerable posters one and all. I consulted my shaman and spiritual guide, a wise woman in Eastern Karelia, gifted in ancient first lore. I turned it round every which way in my mind. I weighed up the various subjects I should cover (do I press Hagrid for an answer, should I quietly slip in an entry 'oo-err missus' on the Word Association game, should I post a link to some obscure throat singer from a Finnic speaking tribe in Russia in the 'What's your taste in music thread'). I deliberated all options and spent many hours crafting what I wanted to say. It had to be just right before I posted it. Finally I finished drafting, so here goes, post 10,000:

Up the Mariners!

Nice one Kingston.

I' d wondered if you might just have gone for '.' As your post.then we could have a long thread on 'what was the point of that?'
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
ginnywings
August 24, 2018, 7:37am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Up the Mariners!

Short, sweet and to the point. Perfick!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
stuart brace was king
August 24, 2018, 6:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +145
Question for GrimRob

I was horrified and proud to see that I have been logged on to the New Fishy for what equates to over 4.5 years.
I am not a prolific user like Kingston✔️ or others with tens of thousands of posts, more a reader than a poster (to go all Michael Jackson!😬), but how many years has Kingston been logged on?
What is the record?  Can you name and ...proclaim!  Who is it?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
forza ivano
August 24, 2018, 9:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Question for GrimRob

I was horrified and proud to see that I have been logged on to the New Fishy for what equates to over 4.5 years.
I am not a prolific user like Kingston✔️ or others with tens of thousands of posts, more a reader than a poster (to go all Michael Jackson!😬), but how many years has Kingston been logged on?

UTM

Won't there be a whole load of people who were founder members, following the demise of the electronic fishcake?
I seem to remember you had to be invited at first by a friend or be recommended for membership

Which  probably explains why I couldn't  join for years
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
ginnywings
August 24, 2018, 9:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Question for GrimRob

UTM

My profile says i have been logged on for 1804 days, but then it would because i never log off the site. I can't even remember what my password is if i did log off, so would have to get a new one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
HertsGTFC
August 24, 2018, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Before I get on to the insightful and revealing bit (this being my 10,000th post, or as we at the newly re-branded Kingston☑️ like to call it, 'Post10k') I have to say I'd not noticed the near 10,000 approval rating before. Sadly 1 point per game is relegation form in most divisions other than in League 2. Must do better.

I thought long and hard about what to say in such a momentous landmark post. I sought advice from others who had reached this milestone, venerable posters one and all. I consulted my shaman and spiritual guide, a wise woman in Eastern Karelia, gifted in ancient first lore. I turned it round every which way in my mind. I weighed up the various subjects I should cover (do I press Hagrid for an answer, should I quietly slip in an entry 'oo-err missus' on the Word Association game, should I post a link to some obscure throat singer from a Finnic speaking tribe in Russia in the 'What's your taste in music thread'). I deliberated all options and spent many hours crafting what I wanted to say. It had to be just right before I posted it. Finally I finished drafting, so here goes, post 10,000:

Up the Mariners!

Nice work Chris!!!

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kingston mariner's approaching 10,000 posts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.