Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gary Johnson Sacked (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 157 Guests

Gary Johnson Sacked (merged)

This thread currently has 6,571 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
August 23, 2018, 9:34am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from golfer

I know they will be out of our league but couldn't we try to sign the centre half and their new midfield player

Just out of interest Golfer, do you think Pearson or Summerfield would get into the team we have now?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
jamesgtfc
August 23, 2018, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Just out of interest Golfer, do you think Pearson or Summerfield would get into the team we have now?

Pearson is up for debate but he could certainly be a squad player in this team. Based on current performances, I don't think Summerfield would get anywhere near the bench.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
Abdul19
August 23, 2018, 10:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
The bench which featured no central midfielders the other night?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
mariner91
August 23, 2018, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,245
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Pearson is up for debate but he could certainly be a squad player in this team. Based on current performances, I don't think Summerfield would get anywhere near the bench.

Summerfield is better than Rose in my opinion and better than Clifton. I think Clifton will develop to be a better player than Summerfield ever was but he's not there yet!

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
TheRealJohnLewis
August 23, 2018, 5:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Summerfield wouldn't make the bench in this current squad.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
golfer
August 23, 2018, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Both would get into MY team, Although Collins can still play a bit this season I feel he has lost the edge. Sommerfield would definitely get in based on last years form-playing slightly more upfield I am sure we would see more balls through the channels. The guys got awareness and spacial ability and I would have him in instead of Clifton who in my opinion hasn't had a good game yet this season. Both players are vocal and in times of need would be urging the players on..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
pen penfras
August 23, 2018, 6:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from golfer

Both would get into MY team, Although Collins can still play a bit this season I feel he has lost the edge. Sommerfield would definitely get in based on last years form-playing slightly more upfield I am sure we would see more balls through the channels. The guys got awareness and spacial ability and I would have him in instead of Clifton who in my opinion hasn't had a good game yet this season. Both players are vocal and in terms of need would be urging the players on..

Did you watch the Lincoln match? Clifton was very good. He worked hard throughout and his running was occupying defenders and giving Woolford space to exploit. In the second half, he made two of the best passes of the game and was getting better up until he got booked and taken off. Against MK Dons, he didn't seem to do a lot on the ball, can't really comment about what his running did because I can't see that on a screen. He certainly didn't have a bad game though.

Personally, I'm much happier with what I've seen from Clifton than I saw from Summerfield. I thought he was a headless chicken that tried admirably but had no real quality. Clifton has yet to consistently deliver quality, but has shown glimpses of it and has a lot of time to improve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
rancido
August 23, 2018, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Slade still out of work?

I hear he is freelancing demonstrating Powerpoint to up and coming football managers.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
golfer
August 23, 2018, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
And I would try to get The Shop back-that'll get the red x's coming-but that's what I would do to improve this current squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
newarkmariner
August 23, 2018, 6:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
im sorry but neither Pearson or Summerfield would get a look in with the team we,ve got. Pearson is a good lad and was a great servant however his time has passed and he's at his level, we have moved beyond his abilities as a footballer.
As for Summers as good as he played last season I think he would be a bench warmer at most,Hess,Clifton,Rose,Woolford all far better players and with faster footballing minds.i wish both players the very best for the future but that future should be nowhere near us unless they win promotion with Wrexham and then I will welcome them to BP with open arms as long as we hammer them.UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gary Johnson Sacked (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.