lew chaterleys lover
August 21, 2018, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It was a definite red. Their guy went in hard but kept his studs down and didn't go over the ball. Dixon totally jumped and as said, he was out of control. Good result and plenty of positives. It feels much better than after FGR at any rate!

I honestly cannot see any difference in the way both players are running a long way to try to get to a loose ball first. Dixon gets there fractionally earlier than their chap and the force of the tackle sends him spinning to the ground making it look way worse than it was. Had the their player got there first it would have been Dixon who was sent spinning. It just seemed two players going in equally hard for a loose ball to me.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 78
Rodley Mariner
August 21, 2018, 11:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Watch it again. Their guy goes side on, feet pointed down. Way less dangerous than the way Dixon jumped with two feet together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 78
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 21, 2018, 11:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Can we gush a bit about john welsh and jake hessenthaler? Im so impressed with them in midfield, both seem to embody everything an average grimsby town fan looks for in an ideal player/midfielder. Both incredibly hard working, great tacklers, absolute warriors, technically very good, seem to have a really good partnership and positional awareness of each other. Its early days but wow, these two are just making town a great team to watch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
August 21, 2018, 11:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Watch it again. Their guy goes side on, feet pointed down. Way less dangerous than the way Dixon jumped with two feet together.

If you watch it in slow motion their guy is also sliding in "out of control" but gets there a split second later than Dixon. Both players were reaching for the loose ball at speed, and in all such cases one comes off worst, but it doesn't mean it is a sending off every time.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 78
Mariner93er
August 21, 2018, 11:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Hessenthalers the signing I've been most impressed with so far. He does all the dirty work plus can pass and run with the ball. Its such a shame whitehouse got injured as we could really do with another attacking minded player in there alongside hessenthaler and welsh. Thats not to say cliftons not playing well, but he's still clearly developing and got a long way to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 78
buckstown
August 21, 2018, 11:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Well that's the first time I've seen town this season and have to say I was very impressed with the attitude, fighting spirit and overall performance. Bear in mind one of these teams was the title favourite and one was a 40-1 shot it wasn't that easy to split them
Thought the defence was excellent (barring that minute when they looked to have still been in the dressing room) and in Famewo and Whitmore we have a great pairing.
Liked Welsh a lot but overall I thought they all played well. Looked like a red card to me.
This side is so much better than last year and I walked out buzzing about the season. If we continue to play with that much character we will be in the top half as a minimum, especially if we can start putting chances away.
Proud to be  mariner tonight. I took my Spurs supporting mate and he was gobsmacked by the town support on a Tuesday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 78
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 21, 2018, 11:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from buckstown

Thought the defence was excellent (barring that minute when they looked to have still been in the dressing room) and in Famewo and Whitmore we have a great pairing.

Famewos got a massive future surely bearing in mind he’s 19 and that was his 8th league game, ever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 78
buckstown
August 21, 2018, 11:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Agree, Famewo looked very mature and confident. Mind you, he needs to be good wearing yellow boots in league 2!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 78
fiveallive
August 22, 2018, 12:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Grimsby where excellent 1st half from what I seen hooking laptop up to TV, Woolford been excellent showing his class, helps him having Hessenthaler or Clifton someone to help with the running.

We press teams in the 1st half we tired in the 2nd half, Simpson had a crazy 15 min where we couldn't get near him.

We was asleep 2nd half when they scored I don't think where miles behind MK Don's as they are one of the favourites to go up.

Dixon deserved to be sent off don't know what Tondeaur was watching saying it wasn't a red, Dixon has impressed me to be fair this season.

And a well done to the 600 who travelled up to Milton Keynes, there fans are trash where very quiet  didn't seem to hardly sing all game.

Maybe have to try and get Ali Koiki on a month loan now to see us through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 78
fiveallive
August 22, 2018, 12:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Also not town news but Notts County must hate Jamille Matt scored a late winner for us and scored a 95th min winner for Newport.

We have to keep him Amond and Marsh-Brown quiet on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.