Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Akinde(pen)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 251 Guests

Akinde(pen)

This thread currently has 4,052 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2018, 1:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
The Lincoln fans were quite quick to point out our "lucky" run of penalties last season, and calling our top scorer Pen. Now, it's pens keeping them in touch with the leaders. Goals are goals, and last time i looked, a penalty counts as a goal, whether at the bottom of the league, or the top.

The regular Imposters have been conspicuous by their absence this week haven't they? Funny that because i have seen them log on and then log off again.  

Corrected that for you.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
1mickylyons
August 22, 2018, 1:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
The Lincoln fans were quite quick to point out our "lucky" run of penalties last season, and calling our top scorer Pen. Now, it's pens keeping them in touch with the leaders. Goals are goals, and last time i looked, a penalty counts as a goal, whether at the bottom of the league, or the top.

The regular Imp posters have been conspicuous by their absence this week haven't they? Funny that because i have seen them log on and then log off again.  

They did raise a good few quid for Charity last night with a collection at the Bank so they can`t be all bad.Anyway they will be researching Real Madrid and Barcelona by now as that`s the level where they are heading according to Jules and co
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
moosey_club
August 22, 2018, 2:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
You only have to look at the last couple of seasons to see how many times Lincoln have "luckily" got results, certainly in the last 10 minutes of games....that would indicate they arent lucky.... "the harder you work the luckier you get" ?

If the ball is in the opposition box then there is always a chance of scoring.....or someone falling over and appealing....with around ten minutes to go last night it was looking like a home defeat for them on the back of a "lucky" point against us....by the end of play it was four points out of six and still unbeaten.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Impish2
August 22, 2018, 5:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from ginnywings

The regular Imp posters have been conspicuous by their absence this week haven't they? Funny that because i have seen them log on and then log off again.  

Sorry for being away in Berlin so cannot comment on the game at yours and last nights win against Bury! However I can assure you that most Imps fans knew we got out of jail against you on Saturday, and were second best for a lot of last nights game. As many have said though, it's a good sign and habit to get into if you pick up points when not playing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Helgy
August 22, 2018, 6:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
2 fouls definitely pens , handball and the unmentionable one.
Didn’t go last night on a break but £1,800 raised with a bucket collection for Demi last night so not all bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
ginnywings
August 22, 2018, 6:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Fair play chaps. Teams who go places find a way to win somehow. We need to learn to finish teams off when we have them there for the taking. I'm sure it will come eventually, and then we will be moving up the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
HertsGTFC
August 22, 2018, 7:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
My understanding is that Akinde has had “winning”penalties termed as “assists” in his contract and gets bonuses accordingly 😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Akinde(pen)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.