4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
August 20, 2018, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,509
Gold Stars: 536
Woolford was a joy to watch on Saturday.  He reminds me of Alex Rodman in the way he has very little pace but that ability to just glide past defenders with either a dropped shoulder or a casual drag-back.  You can see it coming but no-one ever seems to anticipate it, I suppose it's a bit Dave Gilbert like too.

The benefit of him in a midfield 3 last season was experience and his ability to calm things down when we needed to.  We don't need that this season, especially with Welsh in there.  We'll get more out of Woolford the closer he is to the opposition goal.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 31
BottesfordMariner
August 20, 2018, 5:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
When Woolford signed last summer I thought he was going to be a great signing,. I remembered him from his Scunny days in particular and he had a good record in L1 and the Championshp.

Needless to say for much of last season he did not live up to expectations. Whether it was the role his was asked to play, the formation or his general fitness he was a huge disappointment. When MJ took over Woolford got into the team and played a significant role in our survival.

A healthy pre-season under his belt he was MOM for me on Saturday and looked like the player i thought we had signed a year ago. Showed his experience and quality. He is a very good player for this level.

Lets hope he stays clear of injury and keeps this kind of form up. Pleased for him on a personal level because he got some stick last season from sections of the crowd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Martyn Woolford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.