August 23, 2018, 9:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Stadium

Dear me ,spit the dog Carragher.
Gazza- that's surely a wind up-he can't string a sentence together.
Big Ron,talked absolute rubbish but was amusing.
Nice slur on the overseas chaps too.

WTF you talking about slur?? Most of the overseas pundits are wooden planks. I would of liked to of seen more from the old players of 70s or 80s who gave so much to help improve the game here but never got a chance. The likes Ozzie ardilles Bruce Grobbelaar, Craig Johnson to name a few real characters of the game. I quite liked Klinsman or Ginola clever players with intelligent analysis but somehow sadly don’t get much of a look in these days.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
ska face
August 23, 2018, 10:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,364
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from 1mickylyons

With these two lines you could start to write a male fifty shades of grey

Not a bad idea

[img]https://s33.postimg.cc/jjcdy6c2n/image.jpg[/img]
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
Grim74
August 23, 2018, 10:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
The most ridiculous thing about the whole debacle as far as Atkinson is concerned is that his racist comment which got caught on the commentary was just obviously wrong. Ignoring the racist part, Desailly, lazy? Nope, he was a really talented footballer who did loads in his career in a number of positions.

And Atkinson was a good manager who did a hell of a lot for the black players. He was well respected by his players and strongly supported by his former black players as anything but a racist after his poor choice of words.
He is a dinosaur with respect to his comments and should of been suspended at best with some good old diversity training to bring him inline with what and what not to say in this great modern world.

Just to add I do agree with your rose tinted comment now thinking about if I’m honest, but he sure would beat  Glen Hoddle today.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2018, 10:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

maybe but...."he's just given it the eyebrows there"  is one of my all time favourite commentary terms courtesy of Ron

Early doors!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
chaos33
August 24, 2018, 12:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
The reducer!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
Posh Harry
August 24, 2018, 4:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Grim74

WTF you talking about slur?? Most of the overseas pundits are wooden planks. I would of liked to of seen more from the old players of 70s or 80s who gave so much to help improve the game here but never got a chance. The likes Ozzie ardilles Bruce Grobbelaar, Craig Johnson to name a few real characters of the game. I quite liked Klinsman or Ginola clever players with intelligent analysis but somehow sadly don’t get much of a look in these days.

You are a card grim. Ok I will give you Ozzie and bruce being characters but Craig Johnson lol. That reminded me of a line from blackadder claiming the great universities being oxford Cambridge and hull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
Grim74
August 25, 2018, 12:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Ok Craig Johnson a maybe scraping the barrel but you get my drift. Just look at match of the day with old jug ears, he looks like he doesn’t even want to be there. I’d sack him today and bring in Frank skinner to liven the show up. I remember saint and greaves Skinner and Badial a really entertaining duo with contrasting personalities but with an equal knowledge of the game. The thing is today we have nothing like them on the box to entertain, as Maringer say’s we fast forward or leave the room when the pundits come on and the reason is they just not entertaining. you have to listen to the radio like talk sport if you want some good old fashioned no nonsense opinions.

One thing i won’t complain about is how good the coverage is these days and its absolutely fantastic compared to 20/30 years ago. There’s  a lot to criticise for the Murdochs but if you’re an armchair fan (and I’m sure most of us are in someway) we are pretty spoilt these days.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
Ipswin
August 25, 2018, 12:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Interesting comments from Mrs Mansfield!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45226972

Well I'd give her one

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
Ipswin
August 25, 2018, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TAGG

Not just football.
Politics is just as bad.
Look at the top 5 unelected old illegitimates that run our lives from Brussels.

That bird who does the test matches on Sky really pisses me off. They had her on one session with Bumble last match, totally ruined his usual fantastic asides

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
grimsby pete
August 25, 2018, 12:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Ipswin

Well I'd give her one

You would give anything in a skirt one.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.