1mickylyons
August 22, 2018, 1:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ska face
Oh excellent, I’m sure we can crack on with “opening the game up to female fans” now that SomersetMariner has approved the idea. Even if some of those women are former illegal sex workers. Very accommodating, thank you sir.

With these two lines you could start to write a male fifty shades of grey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 62
grimsby pete
August 23, 2018, 12:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
There are good pundits and poor ones of both sex's

I do not listen to any of them after 65 years of watching as much football as I can I do not need some ex pro telling me what I have just seen,

I fast forward if I have recorded a game and make a cup of tea if it's a live game.

I don't know how all the thousands of fans that attend live games know what is going on without Shearer and Co telling them the bleeding obvious.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 62
Grim74
August 23, 2018, 6:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Problem is there are no many characters the  people who get the most airtime like Shearer and the Neville’s have the personality of a slug, then you get the foreigners thrown in like Drogba and Billic and it gets even worse. I love to watch pundits with massive passion the likes of  Ian wright, Jamie Carregher, Joey Barton, Phil Thompson etc.

It’s a shame we don’t have big Ron it was a disgrace the way in which he got blackballed, I would love to see someone like Gaza as a pundit I’d even watch match of the day again if was on there or a least someone with a personality.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
moosey_club
August 23, 2018, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Grim74
Problem is there are no many characters the  people who get the most airtime like Shearer and the Neville’s have the personality of a slug, then you get the foreigners thrown in like Drogba and Billic and it gets even worse. I love to watch pundits with massive passion the likes of  Ian wright, Jamie Carregher, Joey Barton, Phil Thompson etc.

It’s a shame we don’t have big Ron it was a disgrace the way in which he got blackballed, I would love to see someone like Gaza as a pundit I’d even watch match of the day again if was on there or a least someone with a personality.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 62
Maringer
August 23, 2018, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Rose tinted lenses towards Atkinson there because I seem to remember he just talked endless shite when he was doing commentary.

Shearer and Neville are dull as ditchwater but it doesn't matter to me because I only ever watch recordings of MOTD and fast forward past the tedious punditry. For live England games I make sure I'm busy doing something else during half time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
moosey_club
August 23, 2018, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Maringer
Rose tinted lenses towards Atkinson there because I seem to remember he just talked endless shite when he was doing commentary.

Shearer and Neville are dull as ditchwater but it doesn't matter to me because I only ever watch recordings of MOTD and fast forward past the tedious punditry. For live England games I make sure I'm busy doing something else during half time.

maybe but...."he's just given it the eyebrows there"  is one of my all time favourite commentary terms courtesy of Ron

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 62
ginnywings
August 23, 2018, 8:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Ron Atkinson quotes. He was certainly one of a kind.

https://www.quotetab.com/quotes/by-ron-atkinson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
August 23, 2018, 8:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from Grim74

Jamie carragher, your having a laugh , he's as crap as Jamie Rednap. Gazza???? FFS need subtitles and he will still be rubbish. You. Have four experts because it adds up to an even number of brain cells.........2.
Reply: 47 - 62
Stadium
August 23, 2018, 9:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Grim74

Dear me ,spit the dog Carragher.
Gazza- that's surely a wind up-he can't string a sentence together.
Big Ron,talked absolute rubbish but was amusing.
Certainly deserved sacking after the comment he made-why was it a disgrace in your eyes??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
Maringer
August 23, 2018, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
The most ridiculous thing about the whole debacle as far as Atkinson is concerned is that his racist comment which got caught on the commentary was just obviously wrong. Ignoring the racist part, Desailly, lazy? Nope, he was a really talented footballer who did loads in his career in a number of positions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dinosaurs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.