Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pubs showing home games - IFollow
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 125 Guests

Pubs showing home games - IFollow

This thread currently has 4,182 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
August 19, 2018, 8:18am
Guest User
Can anyone confirm the Coachhouse showed the Town game live yesterday please?

I've booked a table for tonight. If they are showing home games again then I will be cancelling the table as I will not frequent a pub that steals from GTFC for their own advancement.

Cheers
realist
August 19, 2018, 8:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Jumped up little hypocrite. You use ifollow yourself and offer advice to others on how to use it contrary to the efl rules but then propose a boycott of an establishment whose morals and standards are identical to your own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
toontown
August 19, 2018, 8:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,246
Gold Stars: 70
The sugestions he offers do not take numbers off the home gate - it's totally different! Esp as the bbc showed town are more reliant on gate receipts than any team in league 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
August 19, 2018, 9:04am
Guest User
Quoted from realist
Jumped up little hypocrite. You use ifollow yourself and offer advice to others on how to use it contrary to the efl rules but then propose a boycott of an establishment whose morals and standards are identical to your own.

intercourse off mate, you're on every post I make with your crap. Okay, you don't like me, I don't care. I don't even know who you are. Okay hiding behind your keyboard.

I watch away games that I don't go to on Ifollow, I have a season ticket and I have done for years so shove it up your bottom.
Reply: 3 - 19
ginnywings
August 19, 2018, 9:06am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,089
Gold Stars: 548
I'd cancel regardless. The food there is awful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
August 19, 2018, 9:08am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
I'd cancel regardless. The food there is awful.

Haven't been for a while Ginny, it's my local really but I don't really drink midweek and go see Town on weekends. They won't be missing a lot of money from me!
Reply: 5 - 19
ginnywings
August 19, 2018, 9:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
It may have gotten better since i last went there for a family gathering, but i was not impressed at all. Hope your experience is better than mine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
August 19, 2018, 9:13am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
It may have gotten better since i last went there for a family gathering, but i was not impressed at all. Hope your experience is better than mine.

Cheers but according to several posts on Facebook, they did put the game on yesterday. I did have a few exchanges with them about a year ago about it and they agreed they wouldn't show home games as it could damage the club's attendances. It appears they've gone back on that so I've cancelled my booking. Okay, it won't bother them too much but there you go.
Reply: 7 - 19
LH
August 19, 2018, 9:19am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
They might have got around the agreement they had with the club because it kicked off at 1300 rather than 1500 yesterday. Either way it’s bad form to be putting it on live two or three miles from the ground when it hadn’t sold out/been broadcast.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
ginnywings
August 19, 2018, 9:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 75

Cheers but according to several posts on Facebook, they did put the game on yesterday. I did have a few exchanges with them about a year ago about it and they agreed they wouldn't show home games as it could damage the club's attendances. It appears they've gone back on that so I've cancelled my booking. Okay, it won't bother them too much but there you go.

Think your stance is correct. Even if they served the best food in town, i wouldn't frequent the place if they are doing that. I've been told by more than one person who works there that the owners are not very pleasant and not good to work for. They seem to be all about the profit margin it seems. Don't know if they are breaking any kind of rule showing live Town games, but it's poor form either way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pubs showing home games - IFollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.