dapperz fun pub
August 19, 2018, 8:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,865
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Helgy
Danny and Nicky have done loads of community stuff they sort of adopted a young Louth lad last season who had and lost every limb bar one due to meningitis and he was with the team at Wembley and a teenage lad with bone cancer walked the ball out.
Last season Nicky gave his jacket away to a down syndrome young lad sought him out in the crowd.
For me anything like this should be applauded.

No problem with that any of that in fact it's fantastic but can you just tell them to stop moaning constantly during a match cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
Grantley
August 19, 2018, 10:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
C’mon folks, let’s not be bitter. They’ve taken Lincoln from the bottom half of the Conference to the top of League 2 in 2 seasons, that’s a hell of an achievement. Sure, they got the 300k investment but that probably took their budget to a similar size of our Conference budgets. They won the league, got to the FA Cup Q-Finals and the FA Trophy semis too. Let’s be honest, most of the time they get their tactics right and they’ve generated a lot of money for Lincoln.

Now I’ve been nice, I will agree that he is smarmy, an egomaniac and a proper anus on the touch line

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
ginnywings
August 19, 2018, 11:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,085
Gold Stars: 548
I'm not knocking what they have achieved in any way, but the way they have achieved it, on the field at least. They may do wonderful things in the community, and good on them if they do.

One of the reasons we loved Buckley so much was not just because of he success he brought, but the way the team played proper football, the way it should be. Still some of the best football i have ever seen at any level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
Yoda
August 20, 2018, 11:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
You’ve either got class or you have not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
Les Brechin
August 20, 2018, 3:59pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from psgmariner
Fantastic management team.

Achieved am amazing stuff at Briantree and have now revolutionised Lincoln. Put your bitterness to one side and give credit where’s it due.

Who's this Brian Tree geezer?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
diehardmariner
August 20, 2018, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,362
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Helgy
Danny and Nicky have done loads of community stuff they sort of adopted a young Louth lad last season who had and lost every limb bar one due to meningitis and he was with the team at Wembley and a teenage lad with bone cancer walked the ball out.
Last season Nicky gave his jacket away to a down syndrome young lad sought him out in the crowd.
For me anything like this should be applauded.

Regardless of how they act at the side of the pitch, which for the record I think is a bit embarrassing, the above shows a different side to them and should only be applauded.  

However, it just highlights how we've completely stagnated in recent years off the field.  To the best of my knowledge, Louth has always been a GTFC area.  We're improving beyond measure under Jolley with the PR stuff and community engagement stuff (or at least showcasing it) but we can't forget the potential fanbase that's not in front of our noses.  We've the Estuary to the North, the sea to the East so we need to make sure we tap into as much as we can from the West and South of North East Lincolnshire.  
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
malkamalka
August 20, 2018, 5:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Just an observation I made when watching Brighton v Manure yesterday. In the 2nd half, every time Maureen was shouting instructions to his players, the Brighton assistant stood as close to him as he could and shouted across him. Two or three times, the Moaning One was gesticulating towards the 4th official, but nothing happened. Could be a tactic, and maybe one of the Cowley's was bothering the 4th official to distract him? I'm not saying this is how it was, but you never know these days with the pressure on managers to win at some clubs!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
RoboCod
August 21, 2018, 12:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Speaking immediately after the game, Cowley said he would reserve judgement on the incidents until watching them back.
Now having done so, he felt the award of the penalty was correct and that Collins should have been red carded for a “reckless” challenge.

So Danny, your reserved judgement after reviewing Fatty Rheads slammed elbow to the throat of Henderson a few weeks back?

Danny? Err..DANNY?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
mariner91
August 21, 2018, 12:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,544
Gold Stars: 258
I would say that it is probably a penalty, albeit a soft one which you would probably see not given as many times as it is. But for Cowley to claim that should be a red card is laughable considering this is a man who has employed Fatt Rhead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
Cloudy
August 21, 2018, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
His comments regarding the red card relate to Collins challenge on McCartan on the half way line, NOT the penalty incident
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cowleys

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.