5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 19, 2018, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
I think this is all a bit unfair on them TBH. I don't care much for their brand of football and their moaning at the fourth officials does them a huge disservice, but they've transformed Lincoln City, the team and the football club. Without them, none of their good fortune would have happened. You might not like how they've gone about it, but I know most Town fans would happily take a little of that fortune for our own club.

I'm happy we were more than matched them yesterday and it really felt like a huge leap for us from Jolley's first match in charge against the Imps. I don't think MJ has necessarily sussed them out; I suspect the Cowleys had less to go on than he did with them. It possibly gave Jolley a slight tactical advantage. I also think he's somewhat more tactically inventive than they are, in both good and potentially bad ways. We still have to play them at their place and I'd be amazed if they played that badly again.

You might not like them, but they deserve some respect for what they've achieved, even if what they've done was not necessarily a beautiful thing to watch.

I’d not lose sight of the South African cash they walked into when they joined as well.

Yesterday their side looked like they’d lost a bit of the spirit that has worked well for them so far.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
I think this is all a bit unfair on them TBH. I don't care much for their brand of football and their moaning at the fourth officials does them a huge disservice, but they've transformed Lincoln City, the team and the football club. Without them, none of their good fortune would have happened. You might not like how they've gone about it, but I know most Town fans would happily take a little of that fortune for our own club.

I'm happy we were more than matched them yesterday and it really felt like a huge leap for us from Jolley's first match in charge against the Imps. I don't think MJ has necessarily sussed them out; I suspect the Cowleys had less to go on than he did with them. It possibly gave Jolley a slight tactical advantage. I also think he's somewhat more tactically inventive than they are, in both good and potentially bad ways. We still have to play them at their place and I'd be amazed if they played that badly again.

You might not like them, but they deserve some respect for what they've achieved, even if what they've done was not necessarily a beautiful thing to watch.

They have done well without doubt, but wasn't this rule about sending managers to the stand designed to stop a lot of this chirping at the officials.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
Northbank Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Great, how can someone heap any praise on 2 people who. win things by cheating...They bought Akinde in knowing he has the ability to con refs into awarding penalties and the pair of them do nothing but whine constantly in the 4th officials ear and act like petulant school kids!!...I don't have and never will have anytime for the Cowleys.....MJ has done more in the community than these 2....how many fans have they gone to see personally when the fan is undergoing treatment or recovering from illness...Up your sir Danny and St Nicky!!!....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
Ipswin
August 19, 2018, 1:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Great, how can someone heap any praise on 2 people who. win things by cheating...They bought Akinde in knowing he has the ability to con refs into awarding penalties and the pair of them do nothing but whine constantly in the 4th officials ear and act like petulant school kids!!...I don't have and never will have anytime for the Cowleys.....MJ has done more in the community than these 2....how many fans have they gone to see personally when the fan is undergoing treatment or recovering from illness...Up your sir Danny and St Nicky!!!....

All depends on whether you want your team to win games and get promoted or not I suppose

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
Maringer
August 19, 2018, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Got to say, I never really felt that too many of their players yesterday were exactly trying to bust a gut to win the game. One or two were game and getting stuck in (no. 17, for example), but there was a lack of real commitment from some of the others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
Northbank Mariner
August 19, 2018, 2:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Ipswin

All depends on whether you want your team to win games and get promoted or not I suppose

And, I suppose you jumped for joy when Maradonna punched the ball into the back of the net and knocked England out the world cup???....Sorry Swin, yes I want my team to win and be successful but I will never condone cheating, in any manner or form...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
AkindePen
August 19, 2018, 8:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -50
Winning by cheating is the best way to win. In Cowleys we trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
psgmariner
August 19, 2018, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Fantastic management team.

Achieved am amazing stuff at Briantree and have now revolutionised Lincoln. Put your bitterness to one side and give credit where’s it due.

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
Helgy
August 19, 2018, 8:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Danny and Nicky have done loads of community stuff they sort of adopted a young Louth lad last season who had and lost every limb bar one due to meningitis and he was with the team at Wembley and a teenage lad with bone cancer walked the ball out.
Last season Nicky gave his jacket away to a down syndrome young lad sought him out in the crowd.
For me anything like this should be applauded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
HertsGTFC
August 19, 2018, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Helgy
Danny and Nicky have done loads of community stuff they sort of adopted a young Louth lad last season who had and lost every limb bar one due to meningitis and he was with the team at Wembley and a teenage lad with bone cancer walked the ball out.
Last season Nicky gave his jacket away to a down syndrome young lad sought him out in the crowd.
For me anything like this should be applauded.

Couldn’t agree more!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.