5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
August 19, 2018, 12:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Cowley got away with it massively with the penalty today. His team were second best and he did nothing from the bench to change that. Then shut up shop when they equalised to hold onto their point.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
dapperz fun pub
August 19, 2018, 9:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Pair of moaning tosserrs who challenge everything to the officials even if it’s obviously not theirs .. play offs at best again you gimps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
Grim74
August 19, 2018, 9:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
You can only go so far with the conference hoof ball garbage they play I was pleased we didn’t appoint them.it looked like Jolley had them worked out and we totally outplayed them,

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
RoboCod
August 19, 2018, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Pair of moaning tosserrs who challenge everything to the officials even if it’s obviously not theirs .. play offs at best again you gimps

It's a clever system in a way, 2 brothers, 1 in each ear of the 4th official the whole time, breaking him down over 90 minutes with a good cop/bad cop routine until he relents and gives them their way as long as they shut the f**k up..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
dapperz fun pub
August 19, 2018, 11:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from RoboCod

It's a clever system in a way, 2 brothers, 1 in each ear of the 4th official the whole time, breaking him down over 90 minutes with a good cop/bad cop routine until he relents and gives them their way as long as they shut the f**k up..

They are definitely building a reputation for constantly whinging and I agree it's sort of working for now but I sense the officials are slowly getting sick of it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
barrattstandman
August 19, 2018, 12:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
I feel really sorry for the fourth official nowadays. It's not just the Cowleys although they are probably the worst for a long time . At most games the fourth official has to withstand being berated for the ref not giving what they want  this can easily be solved by moving the dugout halfway down the pitch thus giving a good space between the  managers area and the fourth official. If they encroach out of it then they are likely to see the game out in the stands . Problem solved .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
Grantham_Mariner
August 19, 2018, 12:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
They are the teacher's
we all hated in our school days.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
tanga_the_indestructible
August 19, 2018, 12:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
I think this is all a bit unfair on them TBH. I don't care much for their brand of football and their moaning at the fourth officials does them a huge disservice, but they've transformed Lincoln City, the team and the football club. Without them, none of their good fortune would have happened. You might not like how they've gone about it, but I know most Town fans would happily take a little of that fortune for our own club.

I'm happy we were more than matched them yesterday and it really felt like a huge leap for us from Jolley's first match in charge against the Imps. I don't think MJ has necessarily sussed them out; I suspect the Cowleys had less to go on than he did with them. It possibly gave Jolley a slight tactical advantage. I also think he's somewhat more tactically inventive than they are, in both good and potentially bad ways. We still have to play them at their place and I'd be amazed if they played that badly again.

You might not like them, but they deserve some respect for what they've achieved, even if what they've done was not necessarily a beautiful thing to watch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
Cloudy
August 19, 2018, 12:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I think this is all a bit unfair on them TBH. I don't care much for their brand of football and their moaning at the fourth officials does them a huge disservice, but they've transformed Lincoln City, the team and the football club. Without them, none of their good fortune would have happened. You might not like how they've gone about it, but I know most Town fans would happily take a little of that fortune for our own club.

I'm happy we were more than matched them yesterday and it really felt like a huge leap for us from Jolley's first match in charge against the Imps. I don't think MJ has necessarily sussed them out; I suspect the Cowleys had less to go on than he did with them. It possibly gave Jolley a slight tactical advantage. I also think he's somewhat more tactically inventive than they are, in both good and potentially bad ways. We still have to play them at their place and I'd be amazed if they played that badly again.

You might not like them, but they deserve some respect for what they've achieved, even if what they've done was not necessarily a beautiful thing to watch.

Both the Cowley brothers were watching us pre season which I found very odd
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
OllieGTFC
August 19, 2018, 1:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I heard all the players got  detentions 😏

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cowleys

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.