HertsGTFC
August 18, 2018, 7:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt
Saw a few people in Town and Lincoln shirts walking together after the game. Like grown ups do.

Same, also noticed that the police on duty didn’t treat their fans with the same disrespect as we get when we go to Sincil Bank.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
barralad
August 18, 2018, 8:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I walked all the way up Grimsby Road to Cleethorpes after the game. Fans from both sides mingling quite happily. The Imps we spoke to reckoned we deserved a win.
It's possible that the sirens Ginny heard were those of the vans heading up to the station presumably to help police the Lincoln fans as they waited for their train.
It's funny though how fans get a biased view. Someone on their Vital reckoned we were the quiet ones where to me it looked like they only came to life once they scored.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
Bigdog
August 18, 2018, 8:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from barralad
I walked all the way up Grimsby Road to Cleethorpes after the game. Fans from both sides mingling quite happily. The Imps we spoke to reckoned we deserved a win.
It's possible that the sirens Ginny heard were those of the vans heading up to the station presumably to help police the Lincoln fans as they waited for their train.
It's funny though how fans get a biased view. Someone on their Vital reckoned we were the quiet ones where to me it looked like they only came to life once they scored.

On i-Follow, the atmosphere was a liitle dead first half. Apart from the five minutes after they scored, I couldn't hear the Lincoln fans at all. Town fans sounded excellent from when we scored all the way through to the end of the game. The best and loudest I've heard for a good while..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
Lincspoacher
August 18, 2018, 10:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Relatively quiet today re trouble and what a welcome change of attitude and approach from Humberside police. Low key at the end and engaging with both fans

Compare that to travelling away last few years as I have been treated like a hooligan and not a 50 year old father of 3 on many occasions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
HertsGTFC
August 18, 2018, 10:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Lincspoacher
Relatively quiet today re trouble and what a welcome change of attitude and approach from Humberside police. Low key at the end and engaging with both fans

Compare that to travelling away last few years as I have been treated like a hooligan and not a 50 year old father of 3 on many occasions

I usually get verbally antagonised, “told” where I can and cannot walk in a free country & treated like moron hooligan and looked at with hate by the police when I visit Sincil Bank. Apart from who I support the only difference between me and you is I’m a father of two and a year younger .........unfortunately people get labelled.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
crusty ole pie
August 18, 2018, 11:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
Same everywhere just l8ke Macclesfield last week when walking away from the ground and a young Mac decided to Smash open a can of ale on a town fans head from about two foot must of hurt and what a waste of ale
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
mariner91
August 18, 2018, 11:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,613
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from barralad

I wouldn't take anything they say on Vitals seriously, they're already champions if you believe everything you read on there. Their fans have never made noise, 550 fans present or a full stand. Fact.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
lukeo
August 19, 2018, 7:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Regards atmosphere the left side of the pontoon sang virtually all game but due to the roof and things it's not heard from the osmond unless all the Pontoon are singing. I never heard the Lincoln fans at all, even when they where bouncing because I was in the left side of the Pontoon it drowned them out. Fair play for them for finally turning up and filling the away end though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
Mendonca1995
August 19, 2018, 8:42am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from lukeo
Regards atmosphere the left side of the pontoon sang virtually all game but due to the roof and things it's not heard from the osmond unless all the Pontoon are singing. I never heard the Lincoln fans at all, even when they where bouncing because I was in the left side of the Pontoon it drowned them out. Fair play for them for finally turning up and filling the away end though!

Been watching the support in the pontoon from the main stand the last few seasons (had to move into the main to look after my grandad) the left side up to half way is always rocking and has been for years credit to them but you look at the right side from halfway and it’s like there not even there sat down no singing no movement nothing WHY ? if only they mucked in with the rest of them then it would be like the old pontoon I remember as a kid that was bouncing every game even the main stand was getting involved y-day and that was a pleasure to see,it made it tough for lincoln imo and very nearly spurred on our players to a cracking victory let’s get behind the boys this season and make bp like it was years ago a tough place to come the atmosphere was great y-day but if everyone mucked in it could’ve been even better UTM ⚫️⚪️

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2018, 9:07am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from lukeo

The acoustics in the ground play tricks on you. At the Lincoln home game the other year I was sat in the Osmond end of the Main Stand and I could hear the Lincoln fans loud and clear, but couldn't hear the Pontoon (even when the Main Stand were quiet) despite people later on saying they were loud.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.