3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
August 18, 2018, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from buckstown
If you look at the last 2 pages of their match thread they're grateful for a point and recognise we were the better team.
Think we were better than either Northampton or Swindon and have to say I'm encouraged tonight

Good to see 2 or 3 new voices on there trying to level things up. Tough going for them though, when you get things like "On the game itself they were the better team. Put this down to adrenaline at home for a derby and not indicative of where we are comparatively."

Adrenaline Surely it's a derby game, both sides have adrenaline? Return fixture looking tasty already, specially if we take some extra adrenaline

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
promotion plaice
August 18, 2018, 8:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 192

Now they are claiming Akinde was racially abused....

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/racial-abuse-akinde.84418/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
moosey_club
August 18, 2018, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,180
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from promotion plaice

unfortunately i can imagine he was....from my train travels last week to Macc....the Omar Bogle song was sung on several occassions to random young black men at different stations, chow mein was shouted when east asian people walked through train carriages and rag head was aimed at South Asians.

We dont have the most diverse local population which doesnt help the attitudes/education of a certain generation but still pretty cringeworthy.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
HertsGTFC
August 18, 2018, 9:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,885
Gold Stars: 225

“Monkey gestures” I really hope not! But I’m not sure how you can distinguish that from the leaping around in the Lincoln technical area week on week...... being a bit ironic threre as racism is intolerable.

I guess in their minds the actions of one moron makes their lack of potency on the pitch excusable?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
arryarryarry
August 19, 2018, 6:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 116

I don't take much notice of threads that start with "it was alleged"
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
Grantley
August 20, 2018, 12:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Nice to see Scotimp finally turn up:

“Good grief, is anyone really basing their assessment of each team on the evidence of one match?

Grimsby were bound to be up for this one and are very likely to deliver their best performance of the season against us. It is a local derby, and whichever team is the underdog usually plays like that - we used to do it when we were in that position.

Despite the poor performance, we restricted Grimsby to just three shots on target - that is pretty good. If we manage to do that in every game, we will win the league hands down...

...Can we play better than that? Of course. Will we? Of course.

Lincoln have made a good number of additions to the team (not just the squad) and are clearly trying to change their style of play, all of which will take time to find consistency. We have shown more than enough already to know we have a very good side about to happen. That was one of our toughest away fixtures, not because of the quality of the opposition.”

Guess we may as well not bother for the rest of the season lads, we’ve peaked already. Plus, it wasn’t because we were good, it was because we were up against the Champions. Good grief is absolutely right.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
RoboCod
August 20, 2018, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
He's a male private. "Grimsby were bound to be up for this one.." No they weren't, check back on your awful uneducated postings and remind yourself that far from suspecting we were bound to be up for it, you gleefully claimed it was no contest. We barely had a scoreboard big enough to hold your amount of goals. A humiliation was guaranteed by you.

Been quite pleased with their forum over the weekend, some new additions there are balancing things out a little, but ScotImp is just a dreadful, Lincoln-only supporter, incapable of holding a conversation about actual football because his bile is all consuming. To think him and Jules pretty much hold the administrative strings on that forum is depressing, would be good to see an alternative forum spring up in their current success and actually give a match preview that studies the opposition and doesn't just predict what they'd like the score to be rather than what may happen in this strange game called football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
Northbank Mariner
August 20, 2018, 4:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,431
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Grantley
Nice to see Scotimp finally turn up:

“Good grief, is anyone really basing their assessment of each team on the evidence of one match?

Grimsby were bound to be up for this one and are very likely to deliver their best performance of the season against us. It is a local derby, and whichever team is the underdog usually plays like that - we used to do it when we were in that position.

Despite the poor performance, we restricted Grimsby to just three shots on target - that is pretty good. If we manage to do that in every game, we will win the league hands down...

...Can we play better than that? Of course. Will we? Of course.

Lincoln have made a good number of additions to the team (not just the squad) and are clearly trying to change their style of play, all of which will take time to find consistency. We have shown more than enough already to know we have a very good side about to happen. That was one of our toughest away fixtures, not because of the quality of the opposition.”

Guess we may as well not bother for the rest of the season lads, we’ve peaked already. Plus, it wasn’t because we were good, it was because it’s because we were up against the Champions. Good grief is absolutely right.

Scotimp = knob....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
ginnywings
August 20, 2018, 6:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
Our regular Imp poster (who is strangely absent all of a sudden) nealeardleyscrossing, suggested that we would drag Lincoln down to our level, which is what i guess Scotimp is suggesting as well. Thing is, we didn't dominate the game by just grafting hard and fighting for everything, thus nullifying their "superior talent". We completely outplayed them in every department, and were the ones playing all the incisive, attacking football.

Of course we can maintain that intensity in other matches, and to suggest we only upped our game because it was against a "local rival" is delusional excuse making of the highest order. I don't even see Lincoln as historic rivals, just the nearest rivals we have at this time. The truth is that Lincoln are not as good as some are suggesting, and we are not as bad. I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln finished the season higher than we did, but i'm confident it won't be by much. I'm sure there will be many games that Lincoln play much better than that, and there will be games when we don't reach the level we did on Saturday, but as with all football sides, form comes and goes.

Neal Eardleys crossing was sh1te by the way, and Toffolo needs to spend a spell practising how to defend against wingers.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
LH
August 20, 2018, 6:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from ginnywings

Neal Eardleys crossing was sh1te by the way, and Toffolo needs to spend a spell practising how to defend against wingers.  

I assumed the username was used because of the celebratory zebra crossing Lincoln City Council installed after their Boycott Cup heroics rather than after Neal Eardley’s footballing attributes.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln Vitals Big Girls Blouses

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.