This thread currently has 16,360 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 18, 2018, 3:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
How on earth Lincoln robbed us of 3 points I'll never know, was it even a penalty?

Great performance by Town, shows we can mix it with the supposedly best.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
mimma
August 18, 2018, 3:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Great performance from all the players today. We were by far the better side through the game. They had two shots in the second half, one was a very very harsh penalty. Woolford was unplayable constantly beating man after man. His goal was a very good finish after a cross was knocked back to him in the center of the D.
Lincoln couldn't keep the ball and were constantly harried into giving it back. Our defence easily kept them at bay while up front we looked inventive and could have had more but for last ditch defending.

To an outsider you would have thought it was Town that were walking the league and not the wimps. Very lucky team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
HertsGTFC
August 18, 2018, 3:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Walking away my main thoughts are how impressive Town where in terms of endeavour, work rate, attitude and wanting to take the game to the so called big (spenders) guns.

We deserved all 3 and where pretty much robbbed by a ref and a player who has form.

Well done Town, really good effort.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
ginnywings
August 18, 2018, 3:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Gutted!

Not a victory but definitely a moral victory. No way did they deserve a point from that game, but Akinde did what Akinde does and the ref falls for it again. I think that was their only shot at goal that troubled us, and despite having their fair share of the ball, they didn't do much at all with it.

Rumours of their greatness and our demise looked a bit premature on that showing and twice in the game we had spells where we had them under intense pressure, but credit to Lincoln, they dug in and rode the storms. It was all about the second goal today, and as well as we played, we just couldn't get it. Thought Boyeson had a good game until the pen, but i think he got that one wrong. I'll need to see it again, but that twit has done it so many times, he's an expert con artist. Wouldn't have minded so much had they scored a good goal, a bit like ours in fact, which was an excellent strike from the games best player Woolford. He was finding holes in their defence constantly, but it wasn't to be. Everyone did their part in what was a great performance.

The new guy showed in 10 mins what a good addition he will be. Good control, good shielding and awareness of players around him. He looks the real deal to me.

Did i mention i am gutted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
Hagrid
August 18, 2018, 3:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
I question every time we get that helmet, why we have a ref who we have lodged a complaint against with The FA about and is Hull born. Todays decision was a flipping disgrace. But town were excellent, woolford best player on the park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
NorthLondonMariner
August 18, 2018, 3:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
What a game. If the gimps are one of the benchmark teams and we keep playing like that we have nothing to worry about, we just need to start putting all those chances in the net. We tour them a new bottom hole today. And that was never a peno. The ref reminded me of those blind ones we kept getting in the conference.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
Cloudy
August 18, 2018, 3:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Certainly should have won but sometimes you need to make sure you do.

Woolford was my MOM although Hess, Whatmore, Welsh were very impressive. Davis ok defensively but delivery not great but accept he is a centre back really.

McCartan and Bostwick the Imps best players but they looked a million away from runaway Champions many of their fans claim them to be. Imps made more noise when they brought 450 fans than their 1800 today, plastics indeed.

Impressed today, just need to make sure this is the level we reach consistently
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
ginnywings
August 18, 2018, 3:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Yeah, forgot to mention their 'fans'. Very poor showing from them until they scored. Thought they would be roaring their team on in the second half, with the Imps kicking toward them, but they were very flat, pretty much like their team really. Think our team shocked them a bit and took the wind out of their sails. It wasn't the victory parade they were prematurely expecting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
KingstonMariner
August 18, 2018, 4:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
Yeah, forgot to mention their 'fans'. Very poor showing from them until they scored. Thought they would be roaring their team on in the second half, with the Imps kicking toward them, but they were very flat, pretty much like their team really. Think our team shocked them a bit and took the wind out of their sails. It wasn't the victory parade they were prematurely expecting.

Suppose it's pretty much like us when we get a big away following. Best when there's 500-1000. Get near 2000 and it gets a bit watered down.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
Belfast Town
August 18, 2018, 4:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
My first game of the season. Very impressed with the quality of our football. Woolford and Welsh were the standouts in an excellent team performance. UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.