7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerdazza
August 18, 2018, 5:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Air raid siren for sale. Hardly used. £25. May swap for premier league shirt or large slice of humble pie. Call 01522 617617.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
BottesfordMariner

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
We looked a bit nervous and were making a lot of mistakes first 10-15 minutes. But grew into the game as it wore on.

A lot of positives today against one of the fancied sides this season. Unlucky not to get all 3 points. We created several good opportunities but paid the price for not being clinical enough.

Woolford MOM. Hessenthaler, Whitmore also impressive. Famewo's confidence grew throughout the game and he can be very pleased with his performance today.

A big improvement on the FGR game. Hopefully the team with continue to gel over the coming weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
KingstonMariner
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Where are the Suicide Squad from 2 weeks ago?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
TownSNAFU5
August 18, 2018, 5:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,863
Gold Stars: 42
Great alround  team performance.  Encouraging for the rest of the season, plus 2 new players.

Lincoln offered very little.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
lukeo
August 18, 2018, 5:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,366
Gold Stars: 144
My first game in a while, I felt we where the better team once we got our goal. They clearly have a game plan of knocking it long after a few tippy tappy passes at the back. Can't say much individually apart from I noticed Welsh was a machine. Our left back was poor defensively first half. Overall 9 year omg lad with me today loved the pontoon atmosphere, the Mrs loved mighty mariner and I felt we played well most of the game. I think this season will be a transition but their is no reason why we can't be up and around their somewhere with this team. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
headingly_mariner
August 18, 2018, 5:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Started slowly but we grew into the game and dominated. Deserved to be further in front and needed to be more ruthless. Soft pen for the equaliser.
Woolford head and shoulders the star performer. Thought Clifton, Hessenthaler and Welsh were also excellent.

Best home performance I’ve seen for a long while, play like that and more often than not we will get the result we deserve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
MidnightMariner
August 18, 2018, 6:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +573
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from marinerdazza
Air raid siren for sale. Hardly used. £25. May swap for premier league shirt or large slice of humble pie. Call 01522 617617.

Lol
Love this 😂🤣😂🤣
Utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
fiveallive
August 18, 2018, 6:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Woolford was excellent and Hessenthaler was great aswell from what I watched on TV.

Woolford is excellent in that 4-5-1 formation.

It was great to see us dominate in midfield against a strong Frecklington and O'connor. Alex Woodyard is a big loss for them he was classy midfield they haven't replaced him since he left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
jonnyboy82
August 18, 2018, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Robbed of 3 points, we were excellent today.

Special mentions to woolford and hessenthaler .

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
ska face
August 18, 2018, 6:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Think we played with an intelligence well above what we’ve seen for years, helped no doubt by Welsh and Woolford. I was really impressed with Famewo, to say that was only his second ever -football league start, and at 19 was strong, combative and calm on the ball bar one or two mis-hit passes in the first half (as did many others). Also did well to get forward considering he’s a left-sided centre half. Clifton didn’t look out of place at all against what many expect to be a team who’ll go straight up, and I think that’s a case of the formation and style suiting him.

Lincoln played with an arrogance not matched by their ability - balls drilled out from their keeper to the touch line where town forced them back inside where we were happy to let Bostwick have it and regroup for the inevitable punt. Thought McCarten looked lively and Akinde does what he’s always done.

The best thing to take home from that performance is, for the first time in a long time, hope. It’s the third match these have played together, many of these players managed well under 30 appearances last season wherever they played for whatever reason. We’re still signing players and Thomas looked really handy when he came on - again an experienced head which is what we’ll need. 7k in there today so about 2.5k floating fans, now we need to keep them coming back and if people want to see a committed, hard working team, they’ll be back to watch this squad.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.