11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 18, 2018, 3:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
A refereeing error more than an error from Collins. Akinde was concentrating on holding him off then went down like a sack of shite as soon as he felt some pressure.

Very disappointing not to take all three points as we deserved them. Just didn't get the roll of the ball when we had them under the cosh for large periods of the second half. I lost count of the number of panicked clearances they made which somehow fell safe or went straight to their player. That said, a little bit more quality from us would have seen more goals.

Excellent performance from Famewo after a slightly shaky start. The extra pace and athleticism he added was very important. I don't think anybody had a bad game today and I'd give MotM to either Woolford or Hessenthaler who both covered miles and were a threat with the ball at their feet.

Not at all impressed with the Lincolnshire Galacticos, despite their vast expenditure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 104
petethemariner
August 18, 2018, 3:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Boyeson the mud rat muppet could not wait to give that, never a penalty, in fact it. should have been our free kick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 104
sonofmadeleymariner
August 18, 2018, 3:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Robbed, no other word for it. Woolford man of the match man played out of his skin.  Not completely convinced by Famewo, some times looked strong sometimes got nocked over by that stick thin no.11. Wes looks strong and a good replacement for Hooper and pushing Cook out wide.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 104
GollyGTFC
August 18, 2018, 3:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
I would never accuse Town of doing anything dodgy, but if you believe today’s attendance then there were 400 less Town fans there today than for the game against FGR.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 103 - 104
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 18, 2018, 3:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
some of our corner routines was very clever today deserved the win and we are a point of better this time last season.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln City Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.