This thread currently has 17,435 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Cambs Mariner
August 17, 2018, 10:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
The signings of Hearn, Connell, Hannah, LJL, Palmer, Almond and Bogle was met with lots of derision on The Fishy when they joined us but they all scored goals for us.
Thomas is a good signing for the position the club is in.
The fact is we are, at this moment in a time, a bottom half 2nd division team and will lose out on a high percentage of signings due to our recent football history, money available for signings  etc.
Another factor is this is Jolleys first full season in charge of a English football team and a lot of players will never have heard of him so maybe are unsure about how long he will be the manager.
Personally I think he has made some decent signings which will ensure we finish mid table this season and with a few new signings next season will see us push for the play offs as a minimum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 109
Mighty_Mariner
August 17, 2018, 10:19pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Here's a video of all goals he scored for Oxford last season.

Some excellent centre forward play and finishing IMO.

https://twitter.com/d3d4football/status/1030450521138765824?s=19

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 109
chipsandgravy
August 17, 2018, 10:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
The signings of Hearn, Connell, Hannah, LJL, Palmer, Almond and Bogle was met with lots of derision on The Fishy when they joined us but they all scored goals for us.
The fact is we are, at this moment in a time, a bottom half 2nd division team and will lose out on a high percentage of signings due to our recent football history, money available for signings  etc.
Another factor is this is Jolleys first full season in charge of a English football team and a lot of players will never have heard of him so maybe are unsure about how long he will be the manager.
Personally I think he has made some decent signings which will ensure we finish mid table this season and with a few new signings next season will see us push for the play offs as a minimum

I don't remember any decision on the signing of most of them quite the opposite!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 109
Grimal
August 17, 2018, 10:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Father Christmas
Journeyman

So will you be on 24th/25th December, now get back in your grotto.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 109
HertsGTFC
August 17, 2018, 10:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Really? Are we supposed to blindly agree with everything the club does without any word of criticism?

I happen to think Wes Thomas is a good signing, however you might as well give Robles' shirt to one of the youth team kids like Burrell or Paul-Jones.

For me, support means that I want us to win every game and sign the best players possible within our means. However, current circumstances (lowly League 2 club with apparently moderate budget, crap ground & training facilities) mean that some turn us down. These are facts - doesn't mean I'm not a supporter - just a fuckingfrustrated one.

Read back what you’ve written, how do you know we’ve not signed “the best players possible within our means” ?

How is your comment and similar ones previously supportive? How do you know that people on and off the pitch aren’t doing everything thing they can within their powers to take us forward?

You like many others don't so maybe just maybe it’s time to give other people some time to get things right on the best way they know.

We all want better but picking fault in everything the club does is stupid.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 109
Grimal
August 17, 2018, 10:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from newarkmariner
Happy with this signing welcome Wes, scored at championship and league 1 level, still youngish at 31 and as for the journeyman tag well the club cant win with some dumbfooks ,get a young lad in and its "not a proven goa scorer blah blah, get someone older ands it "more clubs than Tiger Woods, journeyman blah blah.and its always the same sad losers making the same sad comments .
P.S I would give Pammy the best 20 seconds she's ever had(I wish) UTM, now lets smash the gimps

Would that be including 4play ?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 109
Maringer
August 17, 2018, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Some good finishes on that video. Just need to make sure we create enough chances for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 109
KingstonMariner
August 17, 2018, 11:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grimal

Would that be including 4play ?  

4play? We have plenty of 4play in our house. It's the best way to catch up with those Channel 4 programmes you've missed.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 109
KingstonMariner
August 17, 2018, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

That's balderdash isn't it. Hearn, Hannah, Bogle were all received very positively when their signings were announced. Connell, Palmer, LJL and Amond were met with a 'who?' but no derision. Almond might be a different matter: he was nuts.

A few of us derided LJL after he was signed granted.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 109
promotion plaice
August 17, 2018, 11:35pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

I always thought 4 play was when one of our strikers had a shot and the crowd alarmingly shouted 4.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › WES THOMAS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.