Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Okay we are out.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 295 Guests

Okay we are out.

This thread currently has 2,919 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
GTFCLarry
August 14, 2018, 10:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +69
More important games coming up starting Saturday when we smash the gimps as we owe them after last season.

Then on to 2 looking hard away games.

I for 1 are all positive about the group Mr Jolley has put together to mount a serious assault on the play - offs if not better.

Onwards and Upwards Michael Jolley's Black n White Army

One life One Club G.T.F.C.

U.T.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
August 14, 2018, 11:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I'll have some of what you're having!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
lew chaterleys lover
August 14, 2018, 11:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from GTFCLarry
More important games coming up starting Saturday when we smash the gimps as we owe them after last season.

I for 1 are all positive about the group Mr Jolley has put together to mount a serious assault on the play - offs if not better.

U.T.M.

Anything might happen, but I can't see an obvious reason for that optimism. We need a couple of players at least, and for things to gel to give us a chance. We have been well beaten in the two home game so far but you just never know in football what might happen next.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
louth_in_the_south
August 15, 2018, 6:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from GTFCLarry

U.T.M.

There’s no way this teams getting in the playoffs without some serious additions to the first 11 , let alone the squad.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
realist
August 15, 2018, 8:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Just highlights how bad we are. Can't manage a little cup run. Pathetic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
GrimRob
August 15, 2018, 9:57am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from realist

We're in the lowest division in the competition (and the bottom half of it to be brutal based on recent form), so it's not likely we have much of a run when we keep getting drawn against teams in higher divisions. Our best bet is in the FA Cup where we could at least face opposition from beneath us. The Checkatrade, although many fans might not like it, the players and staff will want to progress in as well.

Hopefully we've saved all our luck for the FA Cup this year.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 16
realist
August 15, 2018, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
When we were in the 4th division we managed the occasional cup run against tougher opposition. I hate to say I support GTFC nowdays, no pride in this bunch at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Mighty_Mariner
August 15, 2018, 10:23am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from realist

I know right, but I we can't even beat a well organised, pacey side from the league above us playing their strongest XI!

We may as well all give up now!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Mighty_Mariner
August 15, 2018, 10:26am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from realist
When we were in the 4th division we managed the occasional cup run against tougher opposition. I hate to say I support GTFC nowdays, no pride in this bunch at all

Then don't flipping support them then!!! Nobody is forcing you and you're clearly can't see any positives in this squad at all so do us all and yourself a favour a urine off!!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Bigdog
August 15, 2018, 11:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

[/b]

Then don't flipping support them then!!! Nobody is forcing you and you're clearly can't see any positives in this squad at all so do us all and yourself a favour a urine off!!!

I understand your sentiment and loyalty Mighty, I really do, but how many disillusioned fans do you want to say urine off to? There's plenty that have urined off over the years and there's plenty more on the verge of urining off. Will you be happy if you're one of 2k left in a few years time? Will it give you some sort of self satisfaction that you were loyal (mental) enough to stick out year upon year of dross? By telling fans to urine off, you're acting like the club who make no apologies for their actions. I've supported the club a lot longer than you and I have to agree with the poster that you told to urine off. I have very little pride left in supporting the club, I've got a lot of love left, but very little pride. I hate what we've become or remained over the past twenty years. So tell me to urine off if you want to. Fooking ridiculous telling loyal fans who post on here to urine off for opening up and telling everyone their heartfelt feelings especially if they're feeling negative about things. Maybe we should start addressing the "why" a bit more rather than "if you don't like it, don't come" sort of attitude, because when we do, we might then start getting to a place where no one wants to urine off..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Okay we are out.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.