Mighty_Mariner
August 15, 2018, 6:34pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

From that comment, can I ask if you think we have enough in terms of numbers, irrespective of quality?

Second question, what happens if FGR is replicated on several occasions then we haven't got any options to change the team until January? It's feasible that any team could be out of touch by the time the next window opens and we, with a smaller squad, would be very vulnerable.

To answer your first question, no I don't think we have enough in the squad as things stand. IMO we're 2 or 3 short of where we need to be in terms of depth. We certainly need a mobile, powerful striker, a left wing-back, a winger and possibly another right back.

Whatever we or any other team do is ultimately a gamble isn't it? We may sign another 4 playes and still struggle until Jan... Alternatively we may sign 1 or 2 and start putting together some very good results. We can only go on what Michael Jolley thinks is sufficient.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
MuddyWaters
August 15, 2018, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

To answer your first question, no I don't think we have enough in the squad as things stand. IMO we're 2 or 3 short of where we need to be in terms of depth. We certainly need a mobile, powerful striker, a left wing-back, a winger and possibly another right back.

Whatever we or any other team do is ultimately a gamble isn't it? We may sign another 4 playes and still struggle until Jan... Alternatively we may sign 1 or 2 and start putting together some very good results. We can only go on what Michael Jolley thinks is sufficient.

To re-iterate, I like MJ. But, this is his first full season as a League manager and, whilst I was really impressed with the turnaround at the end of the season, I don't think he necessarily needed the build-up of expectation & the 'Jolley revolution' marketing.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
rancido
August 15, 2018, 7:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Les Brechin
Anybody else get searched last night before entering.

I was searched by a female steward and had my ticket checked before entering and then had to show my ticket again at the top of the Findus steps as I went to take up my seat.

Hope this isn't going to be the norm from now on!

Apparently the club, like all the other clubs holding matches last night , were asked to be more vigilant on security in light of the terror attack.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
golfer
August 15, 2018, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Hagrid

im 22, and yes i get flipping fed up of it, but its all ive ever known

I'm not telling you how old I am but i came home last night 20 years older and none the wiser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
moosey_club
August 15, 2018, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,239
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Les Brechin
Anybody else get searched last night before entering.

I was searched by a female steward and had my ticket checked before entering and then had to show my ticket again at the top of the Findus steps as I went to take up my seat.

Hope this isn't going to be the norm from now on!

Was she a looker Les ? Intimate body search ? Wouldn't complain too much  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 65
jock dock tower
August 15, 2018, 7:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Can I be the first to say we can now concentrate on the League?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 65
MuddyWaters
August 15, 2018, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jock dock tower
Can I be the first to say we can now concentrate on the League?

I heard it said about 15 seats along & 6 rows down in the Main Stand last night - they were the nearest to us!
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 65
Cloudy
August 15, 2018, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from rancido

Apparently the club, like all the other clubs holding matches last night , were asked to be more vigilant on security in light of the terror attack.

Think the checking of tickets in the Upper was nothing to do with terror attacks, more to stop the cheapskates in the Lower trying to sneak up to the premium  more expensive seating
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
RoboCod
August 15, 2018, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from golfer

I'm not telling you how old I am but i came home last night 20 years older and none the wiser.

You attended Russel Slades PowerPoint special?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 65
lew chaterleys lover
August 15, 2018, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from rancido

Well you can never be too careful. The chances of a runaway car driven by a terrorist  in the Upper Smiths must be even money.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.