10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
golfer
August 14, 2018, 10:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
I think last seasons Summerfield would have been a plus in this team. We had fast forwards on display tonight yet for the entire match not one pass through the channels.Where are the brains in this team. Rochdale played with a plan- we did not. We must improve for Lincoln but the season is still young. 2 more loan players could improve us vastly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 98
jamesgtfc
August 14, 2018, 10:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Good to see a couple of youngsters being given a chance but with a few players out injured/suspended we had no choice but to issue a squad number to a youth player.

I thought Rochdale were good and their superiority showed. We had spells but in the main part they controlled the game. Patient possession in the lead up to their first goal waiting for the right opportunity to open up.

McKeown was back in yellow so everyone could see him.

Welsh seemed to play too advanced for much of the game. It is clear he hasn't got the pace to get back although he took a booking to stop Rochdale breaking from deep. I noticed in the warm up today that Clifton was only using his left foot so I wonder if the management team are working on that side of his game to provide left sided competition in midfield?

Saturday is going to be a tough test for our team as we seek to stop free scoring Lincoln and their two forwards; Akinde and Akinde-Pen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 98
sam gy
August 14, 2018, 10:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We also had a bench full of kids tonight.

Good.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 98
denni266
August 14, 2018, 10:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Guess the troll remark was aimed partly at me. But hey ho. I would rather speak how I find instead of looking through home bargains rose tinted glasses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 98
Madeleymariner
August 15, 2018, 5:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Freemoash88
I thought JJ would of had a better start this season tbh

I didn,t hes never been consistent at league level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 98
golfer
August 15, 2018, 8:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from denni266
Guess the troll remark was aimed partly at me. But hey ho. I would rather speak how I find instead of looking through home bargains rose tinted glasses.

Agree. This present team irrespective of injuries or suspensions is not good enough. We are a team of ordinaries. We can make excuses all day long . Whether it is the players that don't fit the system or the system doesn't fit the players something is wrong and needs to change sooner than later. Last night I couldn't make out what formation we were playing or what the players positions were. I know Rochdale are a league above but we were drawn out of position so easily and are completely defunct of the ability to change any plans that we may have had. I want Town to do well  but we urgently need improvement before this loan transfer window closes to do so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 98
Cloudy
August 15, 2018, 8:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from golfer

Agree. This present team irrespective of injuries or suspensions is not good enough. We are a team of ordinaries. We can make excuses all day long . Whether it is the players that don't fit the system or the system doesn't fit the players something is wrong and needs to change sooner than later. Last night I couldn't make out what formation we were playing or what the players positions were. I know Rochdale are a league above but we were drawn out of position so easily and are completely defunct of the ability to change any plans that we may have had. I want Town to do well  but we urgently need improvement before this loan transfer window closes to do so.

I agree we are ordinary but then again I dont think we can expect much more. Last season we were shockingly bad so ordinary is an improvement of sorts.

Loanees, subject to attitude, may well improve us but I think there was too much unfounded expectation at the start. Mid table is about the limit of this squad IMHO & i expect massive fallout on social media after Saturday
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 98
Maringer
August 15, 2018, 8:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,398
Gold Stars: 184
Regardless of the fact that the squad is a few players light, most of the teams we play this season won't be as good as Rochdale (or, probably, FGR).

We can and hopefully should play better than in the two home games so far. The main thing is that we need to take the points available when we play the weaker teams. I'd argue we played a good bit better last night against Rochdale than against FGR, even though Rochdale look a superior side. Just need to keep on developing and one or two new players could be all it takes to make us more competitive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 98
Northbank Mariner
August 15, 2018, 8:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,442
Gold Stars: 171
I hate to say this but DC was the route cause again last night, bad passes, no concentration and beat in the air on countless occasions, I have to realistic and look at that starting 11 and in my opinion these are the only players I would say could make a good core of a solid team.
1-macca
2- Davies
3- Welsh
4- vernham
5- hessaintailer
6- Cook
7- Whitmore.
So to me that leaves us at least 4 players we need to make this team competitive, MJ has only has 1-window so far and I would say judge him after xmas once he's had another bite of the transfer cherry, oh and please, someone enlighten me, what the hell is Robles doibg playing in a football league team?,sunday pub league quality at best!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rochdale match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.