Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town 'lads' in court today.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 215 Guests

Town 'lads' in court today.

This thread currently has 7,573 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
towncryer
August 14, 2018, 11:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Around 12 Grimsby fans' due to appear in Lincoln magistrates court today charged with variable offences relating to last season's match in Lincoln.
Around 6 Lincoln fans appeared in court last week for the same incident all of whom were fined and given a 3 match ban (home games only) from Lincoln City FC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
August 14, 2018, 11:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Did one of them steal an apostrophe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
moosey_club
August 14, 2018, 12:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,206
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from towncryer
Around 12 Grimsby fans' due to appear in Lincoln magistrates court today charged with variable offences relating to last season's match in Lincoln.
Around 6 Lincoln fans appeared in court last week for the same incident all of whom were fined and given a 3 match ban (home games only) from Lincoln City FC.

3 match home ban ?!?!  Hardly a deterrent is it ?

Ours will get a full banning order for 2yrs i imagine.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
towncryer
August 14, 2018, 1:03pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

The police didn't apply for a banning order although the magistrates could of overruled them and imposed one.
Be interesting to see what happens to the Town fans as rumours are they came without tickets.
All of the Lincoln fans are still able to attend on Saturday and any other away game but will not be allowed to the next 3 home games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
LH
August 14, 2018, 1:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from towncryer

The police didn't apply for a banning order although the magistrates could of overruled them and imposed one.
Be interesting to see what happens to the Town fans as rumours are they came without tickets.
All of the Lincoln fans are still able to attend on Saturday and any other away game but will not be allowed to the next 3 home games.

It’s not an offence to travel without a ticket. Otherwise the dozens of others who travel to Lincoln every weekend for shopping/drinking/visiting family could face prosecution.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
towncryer
August 14, 2018, 1:45pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from LH

It’s not an offence to travel without a ticket. Otherwise the dozens of others who travel to Lincoln every weekend for shopping/drinking/visiting family could face prosecution.

Not sure about that and maybe not if your not causing trouble but if your seen to be attacking a pub with opposing fans in it and you get arrested I reckon you'll need a pretty good solicitor.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
ska face
August 14, 2018, 1:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
If they’re getting the same treatment as Ben Stokes today, I imagine they’ll all be let off, given £500 cash and a quick suck off the court usher on the way out.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 14, 2018, 1:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from moosey_club

Ours if punished properly will get a season ticket

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
Grantham_Mariner
August 14, 2018, 2:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Ours if punished properly will get a season ticket

Won't that breach their human rights ?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
GrimRob
August 14, 2018, 2:14pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ska face
If they’re getting the same treatment as Ben Stokes today, I imagine they’ll all be let off, given £500 cash and a quick suck off the court usher on the way out.

Unlikely. The judge will see them as football "scum" as opposed to a national "hero".

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 33
nealeardleyscrossing
August 14, 2018, 2:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from LH

I would be amazed if people haven't seen the video, as it was taped by someone in a shop. I think the issue is that it looked like Lincoln fans defended themselves when attacked in a pub. Again, I am guessing but the Lincoln fans would have known there were more cameras than PC world have.

Although after a couple of minutes a load of younger Lincoln Fans arrived and then it went off properly from what I could see on the clips.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
realist
August 14, 2018, 2:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from GrimRob

Unlikely. The judge will see them as football "scum" as opposed to a national "hero".

But it wasn't a judge who acquitted Stokes but a jury. Surely any fans who can't go to a pub and game without kicking off are scum and deserved to be punished as such
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
moosey_club
August 14, 2018, 2:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from towncryer

Not sure about that and maybe not if your not causing trouble but if your seen to be attacking a pub with opposing fans in it and you get arrested I reckon you'll need a pretty good solicitor.

well if its the ones who were posted on you tube a short while after the event...filmed from an upstairs window across the way (?) then i would be amazed if our end don't apply for a 2 yr banning order.  
There were actual punches thrown and at least a couple of them landed....people over here have got longer bans for less than that.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
nealeardleyscrossing
August 14, 2018, 2:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from moosey_club

well if its the ones who were posted on you tube a short while after the event...filmed from an upstairs window across the way (?) then i would be amazed if our end don't apply for a 2 yr banning order.  
There were actual punches thrown and at least a couple of them landed....people over here have got longer bans for less than that.

Yes thats the one I was referring too. Daft place to do it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
towncryer
August 14, 2018, 2:51pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Yes that is the main video used against them plus there are the polices own video plus a cctv camera right outside the magistrates court which I'm sure would of picked the whole incident up.
My apologies but it's Thursday I think and not today they are in court.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
LH
August 14, 2018, 3:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172

I would be amazed if people haven't seen the video, as it was taped by someone in a shop. I think the issue is that it looked like Lincoln fans defended themselves when attacked in a pub. Again, I am guessing but the Lincoln fans would have known there were more cameras than PC world have.

Although after a couple of minutes a load of younger Lincoln Fans arrived and then it went off properly from what I could see on the clips.

Not sure why you’ve quoted me in this? It is not an offence to travel to a place where a match is being played without a ticket. If they have commited offences whilst there they will be tried and punished for those offences rather than simply going there.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 14, 2018, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Was informed by local Lincoln guy who is involved in this type of stuff that Grimsby fans getting done for more serious charge of afraid, reason being they travelled to Lincoln with match tickets but never went to the game, only sensible thing they did that day, and thus police determine that their sole purpose of attending was to cause trouble.

So looks like no argument for their defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Ipswin
August 14, 2018, 3:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Was informed by local Lincoln guy who is involved in this type of stuff that Grimsby fans getting done for more serious charge of afraid, reason being they travelled to Lincoln with match tickets but never went to the game, only sensible thing they did that day, and thus police determine that their sole purpose of attending was to cause trouble.

So looks like no argument for their defence.

I assume you mean 'affray' rather than 'afraid'. Their intention not to visit the match will have no bearing on the offence although the prosecution may well try to guild the lily by inferring their presence in Lincoln was purely to get involved in violent acts

The offence is under section 3 of the Public Order Act 1986  'A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.'

In other words virtually anyone getting involved in match day aggravation in a pub or in town or wherever is guilty of affray if some one is scared by their behaviour

Far from more serious I reckon its better than assault, ABH or GBH. If Ben Stokes can get off the Town lads should urine it!  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
jock dock tower
August 14, 2018, 4:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from GrimRob

Same thing happened with Steven Gerrard. Very difficult to secure a conviction nowadays with the all encompassing celebrity culture we live in.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
Gaffer58
August 14, 2018, 4:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
As said earlier, they will all be fined, given football banning orders of about 2 years, then GTFC will ban them for life. I do not agree with any football violence at all, it's a pity all supporters cannot attend games in peace, that would allow the clubs to spend more money on players etc and not on policing, but our fans for whatever reason seem to be more harshly dealt with their then fans is other clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
coddy60
August 14, 2018, 6:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Ipswin

I assume you mean 'affray' rather than 'afraid'. Their intention not to visit the match will have no bearing on the offence although the prosecution may well try to guild the lily by inferring their presence in Lincoln was purely to get involved in violent acts

The offence is under section 3 of the Public Order Act 1986  'A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.'

In other words virtually anyone getting involved in match day aggravation in a pub or in town or wherever is guilty of affray if some one is scared by their behaviour

Far from more serious I reckon its better than assault, ABH or GBH. If Ben Stokes can get off the Town lads should urine it!  

I agree, he threw more punches alone than the entire"mob" present!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
dapperz fun pub
August 14, 2018, 8:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82

What absolute bollox Lincoln stormed out of the pub calling it on expecting Grimsby to run off they didn’t massively outnumbered , only write facts or don’t bother fella
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
Grim up north
August 16, 2018, 5:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
Fines and 3 year banning orders for Town lads. Bit harsh for most involved especially compared to the punishment given out to Lincoln for the same .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
moosey_club
August 16, 2018, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grim up north
Fines and 3 year banning orders for Town lads. Bit harsh for most involved especially compared to the punishment given out to Lincoln for the same .

Think its more a case of being over lenient on Lincolns behalf as opposed to harsh on our side.

3 home games vs 3 yr banning order !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
realist
August 17, 2018, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Should have been a lifetime ban. If you cant go to a match without kicking off it should be instant lifetime ban. Women and children about at the time. Disgusting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
Northbank Mariner
August 17, 2018, 9:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from realist
Should have been a lifetime ban. If you cant go to a match without kicking off it should be instant lifetime ban. Women and children about at the time. Disgusting.

Here here!!....I watched a kid, about 10, absolute shite himself and was almost inconsolable he was that scared when the vale so called fans kicked off last season...disgusting that people think having a tear up is something that's naturally associated to football therefore it's almost acceptable, you'll never stop it I suppose but giving these imbecilic idiots a lifetime ban may just one or two think about the consequences of their actions..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
realist
August 17, 2018, 11:22am
Table Wine Drinker
A total of 7 red crosses for speaking out against the thugs and saying children should not be traumatised by violence. There are some nasty people on the fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Gaffer58
August 17, 2018, 4:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from realist
A total of 7 red crosses for speaking out against the thugs and saying children should not be traumatised by violence. There are some nasty people on the fishy

Probably didn't get the red X's by nasty people, just people who maybe thought that both sets of 'fans" were punished differently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
VinnyGTFC
August 17, 2018, 4:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
No sympathy for any of them only wish the Lincoln thugs got the same. Pathetic idiots that would excrement themselves if they actually had to face real life.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
Helgy
August 17, 2018, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

What absolute bollox Lincoln stormed out of the pub calling it on expecting Grimsby to run off they didn’t massively outnumbered , only write facts or don’t bother fella

They would have hardly stormed out of the pub as they were over 60's  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
dapperz fun pub
August 17, 2018, 6:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

They were older LTE so what .. they mouthed it and it did nothing plus some where much younger but the silly old kunts should have stayed in the pub and that’s from one of yours 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
blackandwhitelaces
August 17, 2018, 6:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +152
Quoted from Helgy

If they where over 60’s they should have known better embarrassing really,maybe a couple of beers to many and forgot their age for a few seconds last that what it looks like

made in cleethorpes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
dapperz fun pub
August 17, 2018, 6:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from blackandwhitelaces

If they where over 60’s they should have known better embarrassing really,maybe a couple of beers to many and forgot their age for a few seconds last that what it looks like

let’s not switch this into younger blokes versus harmless old boys ..they were throwing punches they knew exactly what they were doing it just didn’t go to plan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
jock dock tower
August 17, 2018, 7:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Should confiscate their bus passes and zimmers as well.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town 'lads' in court today.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.